Home

NCAA Football Presentation: 14 vs. previous years

This is a discussion on NCAA Football Presentation: 14 vs. previous years within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2016, 11:54 AM   #17
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NCAA Football Presentation: 14 vs. previous years

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
Here's the thing guys, they removed from the presentation in NCAA 14 simply because they didn't bother updating it. So rather than have people complain about the exact same pre game intros as NCAA 13---they deleted them entirely.

They didn't delete them entirely, they just reduced them. You still get to Michigan jumping and touching the banner, the Terrapins touching the turtle, the Hoosiers touching The Rock, the Irish slapping the "play like a champion" sign, Clemson touching Howard's Rock, etc, etc, etc.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-16-2016, 01:09 PM   #18
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0

My understanding is that they deleted scenes (or in this case, pre-game intros) mainly because people wanted to get into the games faster:

Quote:
The pregame introduction is another presentation package that has become bloated, Haumiller acknowledged, with some sequences running as long as two minutes. Most players don't even see that stuff, he pointed out: They may watch it one or two times, but after that, they're just hammering the A button to get to the game itself.
The above is what I have a problem with. I'm playing my RTG 13 career with Texas, at DKR the intro goes on for nearly two minutes and yet I never skip it. I realize I'm probably in the minority, but that intro gets me fired up to play as a Texas QB every time. Same goes with big play cutscenes, it's all a part of the immersion process. I also like to see the rituals of schools I'm not familiar with when I'm on the road.
Old 08-16-2016, 02:17 PM   #19
Rookie

I still play Ncaa like crazy because the editor is great. Ever since using the editor a couple years ago I don't know why, but I sometimes get the pregame presentation of a team's better player warming up or being stretched out like older versions of the game. Before using the editor I never got those intros.

I DISLIKE the in game scores because they are geared to surprise you and they make upsets happen way to often. They are a great feature but they over did the "excitement" part. Still wish they had highlights like old school 2k games. Also HATE the pregame highlights of playing the team your about to play like it already happened, how dumb was the guy who thought of that? If they had saved highlights of your season it would be great. Otherwise it is a really good game and I will continue to play it.
Old 10-27-2016, 02:56 PM   #20
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Sorry for bumping this old thread....but for kicks last night I threw in '12. It has it's own issues, but I love the functional stadium sounds.....so immersive. Love it. A real bummer that they are glitched in '14.
Old 10-27-2016, 03:25 PM   #21
Rookie

UravenzownU's Arena

OVR: 2

Agree with most.... would kill for the old ncaa intro's to go along with the great game that 14 is
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2016, 11:52 PM   #22
Rookie

IIRC the NCAA wanted it taken out, but how great would it be if there was still discipline issues, like the older had. I think they took it out around 10
Old 10-29-2016, 06:18 PM   #23
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Sorry for bumping this old thread....but for kicks last night I threw in '12. It has it's own issues, but I love the functional stadium sounds.....so immersive. Love it. A real bummer that they are glitched in '14.

I have some AWESOME B1G stadium sounds and my biggest disappointment with '14 is not being able to use them.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 11-07-2016, 12:44 AM   #24
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend;People may say "doesn't matter if the gameplay is better", but it's not [I
that[/i] much better and the school-specific presentation adds a lot to the game IMO. This is what I want out of a NCAA game, at least for my RTG career.
I really couldn't disagree more, and feel that overall a big leap was made from 13 to 14 just in terms of the overall random feel of the game play, or that "anything can happen" feel. Honestly, they always did that well with this game, but I just felt 14 was a step head and shoulders above anything that can before it. For me, that is.

With that said, the pregame stuff is the only thing about the game I feel is really badly done. I feel the in-game atmosphere is actually pretty good, and I do like the halftime highlights when I remember not to fast forward through it. The panoramic shots they have of the stadiums and the blur in the background just makes it look incredible to me. Sometimes I find myself just staring at it. I really feel it's a beautiful game.

The pregame is just bad. And a reminder that it's just so rare that a game gives you everything you could ask for all in one shot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »