Home

I need to know from someone who has played BOTH versions -PS2 and Xbox

This is a discussion on I need to know from someone who has played BOTH versions -PS2 and Xbox within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2004, 08:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
I need to know from someone who has played BOTH versions -PS2 and Xbox

I was going to get this and Madden 2005 for the xbox this year. for several reasons, one being I just got my xbox a month and a half ago.... but I have read SEVERAL bugs with the xbox version.

So whats the deal. Should I stick to the PS2 versions again this year, or go xbox? I was hoping for better graphics, and being able to save on my hard drive instead of those memory cards.... but if there is slow down and a dropped pass issue with the xbox version...

(Sigh) Any and all opinions please!

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2004, 08:56 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: I need to know from someone who has played BOTH versions -PS2 and Xbox

I should add that I have ZERO interest in playing on line. I want the BEST game OFF line. If the xbox has a LITTLE slow down, but better graphics, faster load times, and I can save to the hard drive, then I would go that way. I have always hated saving Madden and NCAA on the PS2 memory cards....

How are the dropped passes, are they the same between the 2 versions?

How is the slow down off line between the two?

Thanks again!
Old 07-20-2004, 09:02 PM   #3
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

I've heard that the drops are the same in both versions....can anyone else back that up?

I've also heard that the PS2 version doesn't have slowdown like the Xbox version. However, also keep in mind that a lot of people (myself included) are either having no slowdown or very little slowdown, so it may or may not be a problem for you.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:16 PM   #4
Pro

Dauminator's Arena

OVR: 5

What do you mean both versions? There are three versions, thank you.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:16 PM   #5
All Star

p2xgamers's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: I need to know from someone who has played BOTH versions -PS2 and

Quote:

Mizzou23 said:
I've heard that the drops are the same in both versions....can anyone else back that up?

I've also heard that the PS2 version doesn't have slowdown like the Xbox version. However, also keep in mind that a lot of people (myself included) are either having no slowdown or very little slowdown, so it may or may not be a problem for you.

Drops are in both. But if you have a HDTV, I'd say go with the PS2 version. (ive heard widescreen on xbox performs bad with ncaa 2005)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2004, 09:25 PM   #6
Rookie

I do have an HDTV, but only my Xbox is hooked up to the HD, not my PS2. Can I play it on the xbox, not in HD mode, and still have better graphics then the PS2, PLUS be able to save to the hard drive, and have fatser load times, and little to no slowdown?

I guess the slowdown is the biggest reason I am thinking about the PS2 version, and the hard drive saves and better graphics are the reasons for the xbox.....
Old 07-20-2004, 10:26 PM   #7
Rookie

dbacks01's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

NoWareMan9 said:
I do have an HDTV, but only my Xbox is hooked up to the HD, not my PS2. Can I play it on the xbox, not in HD mode, and still have better graphics then the PS2, PLUS be able to save to the hard drive, and have fatser load times, and little to no slowdown?

I guess the slowdown is the biggest reason I am thinking about the PS2 version, and the hard drive saves and better graphics are the reasons for the xbox.....

I had the xbox version until I traded it in for the ps2 version yesterday imo I would rather have smooth gameplay than a little better graphics any day I also like to play online alot so ps2 verson for me also the xbox version for me had slowdown offline and online moreso online unplayable for me.
Old 07-20-2004, 10:30 PM   #8
Champs

Husker_OS's Arena

OVR: 39

I have both versions. The PS2 version is the one to get if you're all about dynasty. If you want online play, then go with XBox.

The PS2 has zero slowdown that I can see. The XBox has a good bit of slowdown.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »