Home

That &*%#$ Ohio State

This is a discussion on That &*%#$ Ohio State within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2004, 02:48 PM   #1
Champs

Husker_OS's Arena

OVR: 39
That &*%#$ Ohio State

I'm in a dynasty with Troy State. I was hosting Ohio State and I had them beat. I was up 14-13 with 3 minutes left with the ball. My D was dominating Zwick & co. But somehow my 90 rated HB fumbles and OSU gets a TD to win the game. What the crap ?? I hate it when a 1 star team dominates the first 3 1/2 quarters and then makes one mistake to cost them the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2004, 02:55 PM   #2
MVP

Jwally's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: That &*%#$ Ohio State

I wish the game was that close when I played them

In my UC dynasty, my first game was against Ohio State, at the Shoe. I used my custom AA sliders. I ended up losing the game 28-7. I couldn't move the ball at all against their D, and the crowd had a lot of my younger players rattled. I think AJ Hawk alone sacked me 3 times.

Right now in my dynasty, I am a respectable 6-2, although I really haven't played any other hard teams. My other loss came against Memphis, 35-28
Old 07-21-2004, 03:37 PM   #3
L*v* *nd H*n*r t* M**m*

mazhirui's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

husker9 said:
I'm in a dynasty with Troy State. I was hosting Ohio State and I had them beat. I was up 14-13 with 3 minutes left with the ball. My D was dominating Zwick & co. But somehow my 90 rated HB fumbles and OSU gets a TD to win the game. What the crap ?? I hate it when a 1 star team dominates the first 3 1/2 quarters and then makes one mistake to cost them the game.

Sounds pretty dead-on to me. A lowly team like Troy State should pretty much have to play a perfect game in order to beat a team as good as OSU. One mistake is all the better team needs, assuming they take advantage of it.
Old 07-21-2004, 03:37 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 8

I smoked OSU's 2002 team with Miami's 2002, 42-21. Whatta game. My best offensive output yet. Dorsey had 400+ passing yards, with 5 TDs, and Johnson had 340 something yards with 4 TD's. Pretty crazy.
Old 07-21-2004, 03:47 PM   #5
L*v* *nd H*n*r t* M**m*

mazhirui's Arena

Quote:

NYRangers31 said:
I smoked OSU's 2002 team with Miami's 2002, 42-21. Whatta game. My best offensive output yet. Dorsey had 400+ passing yards, with 5 TDs, and Johnson had 340 something yards with 4 TD's. Pretty crazy.

Hehe, well I guess the game isn't THAT realistic then because Miami certainly din't come close to that in the Fiesta Bowl that year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2004, 03:59 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:

mazhirui said:
Quote:

NYRangers31 said:

Hehe, well I guess the game isn't THAT realistic then because Miami certainly din't come close to that in the Fiesta Bowl that year.

Actually it can be realistic. Look at the NFL when you have divisional rematches in the same year, you can have the "payback" type games where the 1st and 2nd games are a complete opposite. This can be said for all college and pro sports where you have a yearly rematch.
Old 07-21-2004, 04:05 PM   #7
L*v* *nd H*n*r t* M**m*

mazhirui's Arena

Yes, but you're speaking hypothetically, I'm talking about something that actually happened.
Old 07-22-2004, 12:16 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

OSU is very tough, i played them my first season with Northwestern (in NU) and I somehow fought them off for a 13-9 victory on AA with a few slider adjustments. I fumbled in the 4th quarter and they had 3 possessions within 30 yds of the endzone in the last 2 min. of the game. I held them every time, including a first and goal on my 4 yd line. stopped them cold on a pass play at the 2 with no time left on 4th and goal to win. hardest game i have ever won, i was physically drained from it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »