Home

Peter Moore on NCAA Football, "We'll Be Back"

This is a discussion on Peter Moore on NCAA Football, "We'll Be Back" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2016, 09:20 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Peter Moore on NCAA Football, "We'll Be Back"

Right. Couldn't they just make a game where out of the box, they have the schools' best players that have been drafted in the NFL on the teams. But keep it fully customizable so that the community can do their thing w the rosters
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2016, 09:40 PM   #26
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herky
They don't have to make guys seem like the real player out of that box. That's what got them into trouble. Just randomize everyone. 2K8 College Hoops was like that.
College Hoops 2K8 absolutely did not have randomized players. It had approximate likenesses, just like every other modern college sports video game. I definitely played games with UVA PG #44 (Sean Singletary) and my Virginia Cavaliers against the CPU North Carolina Tar Heels led by PF #50 (Tyler Hansbrough).
Old 09-02-2016, 09:43 PM   #27
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROman
Generic may sell, but legends would sell better IMO. I don't know why EA wouldn't make use of their NFLPA license, put pro guys on their former college teams, and fill the rest w/ generics like 2k? 90 player rosters & a max of 20 legends on each team (make them all 5th year seniors for dynasty mode, some schools would have a lot less of course, like Sun Belt teams) would still allow for editing possibilities. and the guy(s) on the cover would actually be in the game too. They'd have ultimate team possibilities too, and you know how EA loves that mode.
The NFLPA license does not cover retired players. It only covers active players. Legends who appear in Ultimate Team and Draft Champions are licensed individually.

That doesn't necessarily prevent the idea of a "college legends" game - in fact, thinking about it now I'm kinda surprised EA hasn't released a standalone NCAA Football Ultimate Team game - but it makes it more complicated.
Old 09-03-2016, 06:43 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

The following of this game is incredible. We are dedicated. I miss turning small schools into powerhouses. Madden franchise doesn't fulfill this void.

Still have college hoops 2k8. I would rock out with Hibbert and GTwn. That was a classic. My two favorite games. NCAA football #1 though.

Last edited by psukylen; 09-03-2016 at 06:46 AM.
Old 09-03-2016, 03:52 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
The NFLPA license does not cover retired players. It only covers active players. Legends who appear in Ultimate Team and Draft Champions are licensed individually.

That doesn't necessarily prevent the idea of a "college legends" game - in fact, thinking about it now I'm kinda surprised EA hasn't released a standalone NCAA Football Ultimate Team game - but it makes it more complicated.
I think it would go over a lot better than generic rosters though, if they could get the individual licenses for not too much money. You'd think you'd be able to go back through a programs last 10-20 years and find at least enough guys that played and maybe didn't make the NFL but fans of the school would know them to cheaply fill out the rosters beside the legends like Moss, Rice, etc that you might have to open the check book for a bit.
Old 09-03-2016, 05:21 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 6

Rex Dickson stated in a live stream on 9/2/16 when asked about NCAA returning, "It won't be anytime soon, it will be years".

As I sit here watching different college games and playing Madden today, I feel a void that Madden cannot fill. That void is NCAA 17.
..."And there's a frequent bug that turns the receivers' route markers into dancing squiggly lines. None of these problems destroy the fun of running a perfect option play, but they do take you out of what should be an immersive experience."....

Last edited by smoove7; 09-03-2016 at 05:23 PM.
Old 09-03-2016, 11:20 PM   #31
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

It sucks NCAA isn't coming back anytime soon. Definitely my favorite sports franchise. I just wish I could play the last version on PS4 but I feel like too much time has gone by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2016, 10:47 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
I agree with others here - I would be fine with a fully generic roster, as long as the schools were actual ones. I believe as long as the rosters were generic and random (and not capable of being edited), there would be little legal issue with player likeness liability. As others have said, there are generic players shortly into a college dynasty anyway. There would still be the need to license each school however.
I agree and it would sell a lot of copies. It would take the lawyers at EA meeting with the lawyers at the NCAA to reach an agreement.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »