Home

Did anybody find a workaround for game freezing in coach xp cut scenes

This is a discussion on Did anybody find a workaround for game freezing in coach xp cut scenes within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2016, 06:27 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Did anybody find a workaround for game freezing in coach xp cut scenes

End of game game freezes during cut scenes. I just recently started playing again after a couple years away from the game and forgot about this bug.

Has anybody found a workaround for this? Very frustrating to play a complete game only to have it freeze in the cut scenes following the game.
Old 09-13-2016, 09:27 PM   #2
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Did anybody find a workaround for game freezing in coach xp cut scenes

Is this a common bug? I've played over 1,000 games on my Xbox and never had that happen to me. Is it maybe a problem with your system?
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 09-14-2016, 12:10 AM   #3
MVP

whughes's Arena

I believe it only happens in online dynasties jello. I've had it happen to me several times, always after I played a game in an online dynasty though. As far as a fix, after it happens unfortunately there's nothing you can do besides reset your console and then replay the game. I remember someone saying awhile back however that if you don't hit any buttons while it's showing the screenshots of the game there's less of a chance of it happening. No clue if that's true or not though

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Old 09-14-2016, 10:37 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by whughes
I believe it only happens in online dynasties jello. I've had it happen to me several times, always after I played a game in an online dynasty though. As far as a fix, after it happens unfortunately there's nothing you can do besides reset your console and then replay the game. I remember someone saying awhile back however that if you don't hit any buttons while it's showing the screenshots of the game there's less of a chance of it happening. No clue if that's true or not though
I'm on a ps3, not sure if that makes a difference and it is an offline dynasty although I am using teambuilder so maybe that is part of the problem. This is not the same ps3 I had two years ago and it has happened on both machines.

I was trying to hit the x button rapidly to get through the screenshots. Very frustrating.
Old 09-14-2016, 11:47 AM   #5
MVP

whughes's Arena

Hm. I play on PS3 as well and I've never had it happen in an offline dynasty. I don't know, maybe try not hitting any buttons when the screenshots come up?

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2016, 12:20 PM   #6
Rookie

kc_brigade88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
I'm on a ps3, not sure if that makes a difference and it is an offline dynasty although I am using teambuilder so maybe that is part of the problem. This is not the same ps3 I had two years ago and it has happened on both machines.

I was trying to hit the x button rapidly to get through the screenshots. Very frustrating.

PS3 here too.

I have had your problem as well. If you press X too fast it will glitch out from what I have seen and read.

What I have found works best is you literally have to wait for Herbstreit to stop talking at the end of the game. When he is done going "this was a game of inches, the team that showed up won, blah blah blah." is when you can X through the rest of the screenshots. I don't know why, but if you go through all the screenshots really fast and he is still talking it always freezes my game. It will always get stuck on the last screenshot and I can't even hit the home button on my controller to turn off the game or reset the console.

I am also using teambuilder in an offline dynasty and this has personally worked for me at least. 3 years in so far and no freezing. I can't speak for anyone else, but that's just my $0.02.
Old 09-14-2016, 12:55 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc_brigade88
PS3 here too.

I have had your problem as well. If you press X too fast it will glitch out from what I have seen and read.

What I have found works best is you literally have to wait for Herbstreit to stop talking at the end of the game. When he is done going "this was a game of inches, the team that showed up won, blah blah blah." is when you can X through the rest of the screenshots. I don't know why, but if you go through all the screenshots really fast and he is still talking it always freezes my game. It will always get stuck on the last screenshot and I can't even hit the home button on my controller to turn off the game or reset the console.

I am also using teambuilder in an offline dynasty and this has personally worked for me at least. 3 years in so far and no freezing. I can't speak for anyone else, but that's just my $0.02.
Thanks, what happens if you don't do anything and just leave it alone?
Old 09-15-2016, 12:16 AM   #8
Rookie

kc_brigade88's Arena

Screenshots of the games and highlights will play and eventually take you to the menu where you can see the stats and let exit the game to go back to your dynasty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »