Home

NCAA Football Poll

This is a discussion on NCAA Football Poll within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Would you buy NCAA Football if EA made all players generic but let you edit/Transfer
Yes 43 97.73%
NO 1 2.27%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-06-2016, 02:58 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
It was the "everything but the player names" avatars that did them in. But seeing as how many people knew exactly how to get the real players by downloading them I do not see EA (or the NCAA and schools) opening themselves up like that again. I'm not a lawyer but I know how risk averse companies are. And people will sue for anything. It sucks. But someone will argue that by by having a roster share feature EA is allowing people to circumvent and infringe on their likeness. They may not win in court. But the possibility is there.

If allowing the people to upload and download rosters is what part of the problem is then why are they still supporting this online for 2014 currently? As of now everyone can go on and do this with current players. I dont know the laws or what can ir cant be done, I just find it odd that they would still allow this to go on now if it was a problem.
Old 10-06-2016, 04:16 PM   #18
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey7886
If allowing the people to upload and download rosters is what part of the problem is then why are they still supporting this online for 2014 currently? As of now everyone can go on and do this with current players. I dont know the laws or what can ir cant be done, I just find it odd that they would still allow this to go on now if it was a problem.

For the same reason that they still sell games with default rosters which are unnamed real players.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 10-06-2016, 07:26 PM   #19
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0

I'd rock a generic game. Hell, I'd rock a frickin' high school football based game, where you can go through state playoffs and play 1-2 teams from out of state like they do nowadays.

I'm just not big on Madden. I like that guys only get 4 years.

Major Boise State fan

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »