Home

I've been kidding myself the whole time

This is a discussion on I've been kidding myself the whole time within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2004, 09:36 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: I\'ve been kidding myself the whole time

All I got to say to the guys that are complaining and saying they're turning their game in, Just keep doing what you're doing you're the reason why I get games like madden 2004 for 8 dollars insted of 50
Old 07-24-2004, 09:41 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:

AggieboyViaVa said:
All I got to say to the guys that are complaining and saying they're turning their game in, Just keep doing what you're doing you're the reason why I get games like madden 2004 for 8 dollars insted of 50

...Yea, a year after everyone else has been playing it. There's no way you got it for the amount when it was "current" unless you have some sort of hook-up.
Old 07-24-2004, 09:48 PM   #35
Rookie

Well a year later it's still 40-50 used or brand new why does it matter if it's current?
I got Madden 03 off of Ebay for 20 dollars by the time the 03-04 season started
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2004, 09:59 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:

AggieboyViaVa said:
Well a year later it's still 40-50 used or brand new why does it matter if it's current?
I got Madden 03 off of Ebay for 20 dollars by the time the 03-04 season started

Well, trade-in amounts are based on supply-and-demand and I don't see how ANYONE would pay even $20 for a game that was released almost 2 years prior...You got ripped off.
Old 07-24-2004, 10:07 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 3
Im trading mine in also

Game plays like Atari football on Xbox.
Old 07-24-2004, 10:08 PM   #38
Rookie

Jeff8275's Arena

OVR: 2

Well I don't want to flame anyone or start a flame war but I will say that I can't believe people are complaining about this game. I am averaging about 60% completion on Heisman. I throw for about 250 ypg and run for about 150. The computer averages about the same against me. I have an average team and play a realistic game of football, meaning I don't go for it on 4th down and I don't try and chuck it down field constantly. I'm not saying thats what you people do, but if your patient with your offense and play realistically you should be getting decent/good results. If I can do it then anyone can. So basically I am tryin' to say politely to quit freakin' whining and trade the game in already. Move on to another game you enjoy and stop cluttering up the boards with crap posts about how you hate the game and are taking it back. Alot of us really like the game and want to talk about it and not have to wait forever for threads to load because of all the useless whining threads. For those that are looking for another good football game try ESPN NFL2K5. I have that as well and its very good.
Old 07-24-2004, 10:09 PM   #39
Rookie

sorry I meant 02-03 fb season, why the hell would i buy Madden 2003 and 2004 the same year?
Old 07-24-2004, 10:57 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:

Bill_Abner said:
Quote:

ODogg said:
So is that what we say now? It's not good coverage...it's the computer jumping our routes with 3 guys to ensure an incompletion or an interception...riiight *rolls eyes*

You people make me sick. Want good coverage...cuz you whine you complete too many passes? Check. Oh wait... the cpus' too good now, I am complaining! PATHETIC!!

While I hate to be a reason in making someone ill, you really don't see a difference in wanting "good" coverage and hating the fact that DBs can run from hash mark to hash mark while the ball is in the air to deflect a pass on a WR that he wasn't even covering? There's a difference in wanting good coverage and wanting realistic coverage. Again, NCAA has always done this to a degree and most football games do it, but it doesn't make it right. If I'm running a streak with a SE and a post with my slot man, and they're 25 yards down the field with the D in straight Man coverage, when I throw the ball there better be one guy that has 1-1 coverage and one guy with the safety over the top; in NCAA there's a good chance that 2-3 guys will be within a few feet of the receiver once the ball arrrives because they all break to the target receiver the nanosecond it's thrown. It's not a cheat, it's just the way it's designed. It's not a gamekiller by itself, but I think it needs to be fixed at some point.

Exactly, this issue must be addressed for 06'. They must also update the presentation I mean its the same pregame as 02'/03' man thats just stupid I cannot hit x fast enough anymore!! Also I would like to see better running up the middle the blocking and hole opening is horrendous. Other than that this series has made solid improvements in many areas. The grim reality of it is that the developers do not sit down and play 30 games and determine the gameplay issues and advertise "new DB AI in 06'" I mean lets face it that won't sell. They have to come in with this over the top HFA [censored], team acedemics etc... in order to sell it and it pisses me off I don't understand. It must be they are trying to appeal to the younger genre...Anyway I do love this game/series and hope that they would just spend more time improving(sometimes leaving alone) the cake and not keep layering on the frosting!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »