Home

When NCAA comes back...

This is a discussion on When NCAA comes back... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2016, 05:25 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: When NCAA comes back...

If NCAA makes a comeback, who will it be through?
Based on NVAA14. Id say Id like to see EA continue on what it has already build. having 2k in the mix also wouldnt be a bad thing for competition and innovation.

Are you afraid of NCAA taking a step backwards?
yes.

If NCAA uses generic rosters, will that be a deal breaker?
I have no problem with generic rosters as long as the schools are authentic, and everything stays true to the game.

What features are a MUST for a new NCAA game?
current Playoff format, with the option to customize/expand playoffs.
discipline of players because if school and ncaa violations.
ability to set your simmed minutes within a dynasty mode. If I play 7 minutes quarters I want the stats to refelct that for every team in an NCAA dynasty.
speaking of minutes. the minutes per quarter should be further customization to seconds. Id like to be able to set quarters at 7:30 if I choose.
manual catch-on/off feature. If I wnat every catch to be a manual catch I should be given that option. I hate the way most catches in football games are tethered to the passing game. its too automatic in my opinion.

other than that I say EA would need to continue to build on NCAA14, which was/is an awesome game.
Old 10-28-2016, 07:54 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 1

If NCAA makes a comeback, who will it be through?
EA, 2k, or someone else?

Almost certainly EA. They can use most of the already developed Madden engine to run it which puts them way ahead of the game.

Are you afraid of NCAA taking a step backwards?
After such a long break between the last NCAA (2013), will we see an improvement from NCAA 14, or will we be seeing them start from scratch?

I would expect a step forward in gameplay and a huge step back in dynasty/etc features because that's just how EA does things now. I would except custom conferences, player editing and create a team to take massive steps back.

If NCAA uses generic rosters, will that be a deal breaker?
Instead of QB4 for Clemson, we would see white dreadlock having Blake Joseph. Would that be a deal breaker?

For me? No. With full player editing even more no. I'm a dynasty guy, they're all generic in 4 years anyway.

What features are a MUST for a new NCAA game?

Well, dynasty. And all FBS teams. If the gameplay is solid and it has those things it's an instabuy.
Old 11-05-2016, 12:12 PM   #19
Rookie

jjktkk's Arena

OVR: 0

I wonder how long will it take before a new game comes out? Also, if EA does make the new college football game, will they continue with their team builder feature, or if, for example, 2k makes a game, will they also have a team builder like feature to their game?
Old 11-05-2016, 09:23 PM   #20
Rookie

WeWereGiants's Arena

I would pay well over $60 for a new NCAA game, and I doubt I'm alone. After all these years there's a market for it, so someone will do it.
San Jose Sharks
Stanford Cardinal
Old 11-07-2016, 02:50 PM   #21
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWereGiants
I would pay well over $60 for a new NCAA game, and I doubt I'm alone. After all these years there's a market for it, so someone will do it.
I would drop a cool $100 for a brand new game on the new gen consoles.

Honestly, if they do use generic rosters, it is not like they would need to be in a hurry to release a new game each season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2016, 03:07 PM   #22
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Watching this Ohio State vs Michigan game makes me hurt for a new NCAA game!
Old 12-01-2016, 11:06 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 8

My biggest gaming regret is we did not get a PS4 version of NCAA Football before this mess started. I prayed or a port to PS4 forever but not happening and no backwards compatibility either.

I think EA will make it, I think it will be fine (if you like before will like again, if not, still no), they can use generic rosters but hope we can edit (seems they would have 0 liability here if they do that), and just have the usual things we had before with some improvement and I'm good.
Old 12-01-2016, 11:36 PM   #24
MVP

We better see a huge improvement from NCAA 14.. that installment was horrid. Pass coverage was broken, AI had no clue how to defend the option, RB moves were sluggish, too many problems that should have been ironed out. If you can fix those glaring holes (without doing the typical EA thing and messing up two other things for every one fix) we'd have a good game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »