Home

Is there any way to get ncaa 14 for less than 30 dollars

This is a discussion on Is there any way to get ncaa 14 for less than 30 dollars within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2016, 10:58 PM   #9
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Is there any way to get ncaa 14 for less than 30 dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
My laymans understanding is that due to the very custom way the processors and other hardware on the PS3 were built it isn't easy to make a game backward compatible. The PS4 isn't powerful enough to emulate a PS3 (like it can with a PS2) so you have to recode some things to make a game work on PS3. They went as far as to make streaming PS3 games over the Internet a thing when they would have had a much easier time just letting you download it for a set amount of time but the PS4 just can't play PS3 software.
The PS3 was notoriously complicated for developers. It was absolutely more powerful than the 360 but harder to develop for and much harder to port from than to port too (this is why almost every single multi-platform game looks better on 360 including games, like Red Dead Redemption, that started as a PS3 exclusive). Because of this in order for the PS4 to play PS3 games it would need to have a PS3 housed inside it.

They're only just not getting some PS3 games to emulate properly on high end PCs. It was powerful but necessitated that games be developed on it, and only for it, in order to take advantage of that power. Sony wanted to force developers to focus only on their console by going with this set-up, but the market demanded multi-platform releases and developers wisely chose the easier route (develop for 360 port to PS3) in order to meet that demand.

I don't think EA has the ability to okay streaming on PS Now.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers
Old 11-05-2016, 11:15 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

There has to be a way
Old 11-06-2016, 12:45 AM   #11
MVP

TheRosterMaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazytribe
There has to be a way
stop spamming all these threads when we arleady stated that you can find it for $20...
MLB: Pirates

Working on:

NBA 2K20 FDU Fictional Draft Classes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2016, 03:57 AM   #12
Rookie

WeWereGiants's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman87GT
It's $20 on PSN and XBL.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Wait what the hell, they can still sell it?
San Jose Sharks
Stanford Cardinal
Old 11-11-2016, 09:03 PM   #13
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Unless you have really solid internet, I recommend getting a disk. Prices have gone into the reasonable zone, I think I got mine for right around what you mentioned.

I have Cox which is fine for the most part but will drop occasionally. Nothing worse than having the internet get disconnected then you have 10 minutes to finish up.

And personally, when I try to sign back in even if the internet is back on, it doesn't just to spite me. Therefore I bought a disk. I'll be playing this game for a long time, so totally worth it.
Old 11-12-2016, 03:00 PM   #14
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
Unless you have really solid internet, I recommend getting a disk. Prices have gone into the reasonable zone, I think I got mine for right around what you mentioned.

I have Cox which is fine for the most part but will drop occasionally. Nothing worse than having the internet get disconnected then you have 10 minutes to finish up.

And personally, when I try to sign back in even if the internet is back on, it doesn't just to spite me. Therefore I bought a disk. I'll be playing this game for a long time, so totally worth it.

It sounds like you're saying that if you have a downloaded version of the game that you need to be connected to the Internet to play it. If so, then this isn't true. I have a digital version I got from XBL and don't need to be online to play it.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 11-12-2016, 05:52 PM   #15
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
It sounds like you're saying that if you have a downloaded version of the game that you need to be connected to the Internet to play it. If so, then this isn't true. I have a digital version I got from XBL and don't need to be online to play it.
Well, I do. Go figure. 100% positive. I have an older Xbox with a large hard drive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2016, 06:04 PM   #16
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
Well, I do. Go figure. 100% positive. I have an older Xbox with a large hard drive.

That's bizarre. It sounds like we have the same system. I have a white 1st gen 360 with an 80 or 120 GB HDD. I simply downloaded it from the XBL marketplace, and installed in onto my HDD. Now I can play anytime I want, even when I'm not online. If I'm not online I obviously can't do OD or play online games, but my offline dynasties and everything else is fair game. If I'm offline the game will try to connect to the EA servers when it starts but when it can't I'm given the option to play offline with the knowledge that I can't play ODs.

It sounds like on your system, if you're offline it won't even let you boot up the game (can't even make it to the EA splash screen), is this correct? If so, I can't think of any reason why it'd behave like this. I probably have 10+ games that I downloaded from the marketplace and I don't have to be online to play any of them. Do you need to be online for all downloaded games?
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »