Home

Just finished first year of dynasty...

This is a discussion on Just finished first year of dynasty... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2004, 11:20 AM   #9
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Just finished first year of dynasty...

I lost two games with Michigan my first season.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:12 PM   #10
MVP

WatchdogXC's Arena

OVR: 15

I just got done blowing out Florida with OSU in the title game. It was one of my easiest games of the year. Leak threw 4 ints and the Gators ended up with 6 TOs overall.

I should have played USC, they had 1 loss and Florida had 2!!
Old 07-27-2004, 12:49 PM   #11
Rookie

tlavell's Arena

OVR: 1

Finished 1st season with FSU. Went 11-1. Lost NC to WVU. They came out with a Robo QB and killed me. Relied on the running game until my passing caught up. Totallly love this game. Did good on the recuiting trail.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2004, 12:54 PM   #12
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

I just finished up my first season last night...

I started on Jistic's Varsity Sliders and eventually moved up to his v2 AA sliders...

anyway, I finished 13-0 as the national champs with Missouri. It was quite a season. In the Big 12 title game, I went up on Oklahoma 21-0 and thought they were just going to roll over. But their defense woke up and Jason White got his act together. They didn't convert on a key 4th down down the stretch though, and the final ended up being 21-16.

I played against USC in the championship and on the first play from scrimmage, their HB takes it 70 yards to the house (not Bush, he was injured...it was their backup). I thought I was in for a long evening. I actually moved the ball well but they would hold me just outside of field goal range or force a turnover. Well with 4:00 to go in the 4th, I'm down 27-14 and I think I'm sunk. I was driving the ball down the field and hit a 30 yard TD pass to Brad Ekwerekwu to get within 6 points. USC drives the ball to about the 35 yard line and they go for it on 4th down, and I stopped them! Less than two minutes to go and I have the ball back. Brad Smith hit a long pass to put me inside the 20. I worked my way to the goalline and Damien Nash plunged in for a TD with 7 seconds to go. After the kickoff, Leinhart tries a hail mary and got sacked. I still can't believe I won that game. It was amazing.

I put together a solid recruiting class too. I missed out on a couple guys and wish I could have recruited a little more depth, but that's how it goes. We'll see how next season plays out.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:03 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:

Anaxamander said:
I must be the only one not winning a NC in my first year.

Nope I lost 3 games my first year. Gotta play on Heisman though.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:35 PM   #14
Rookie

HellBass's Arena

OVR: 2

No National Championship with Wyoming, but I did get a win at Texas A&M and a couple of blue chippers...I think I finshed 12th or something. Playing a much harder schedule this year.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:59 PM   #15
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24

I went 12-1 with the Texas Ags and won the Fiesta Bowl over Notre Damn 24-16. But I simmed 4 seasons before taking over to get rid of all the #'s and replace them with names.

I finished up 4th...had the #1 recruiting class...and am currently 3rd in the nation behind Texas and Ohio State. My defense is a powerhouse...I have a 98 and 94 ranked CB. They are both Sr's though and my backups are 76, 74, and 72. So I better do something this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2004, 09:39 AM   #16
Rookie

jjonesAU's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

aukevin said:
Well, I just finished the first year of my dynasty too, with Auburn on All-American. I went 13-0 and won the NC against Oklahoma. My season was pretty good. I won all kinds of awards with the HB Carnell Williams, actually all the ones he was up for except Heisman which I got robbed on. He was leading the Heisman all season and had over 2009 yards in the 11 game regular season, but when the votes came in Cedric Benson won the Heisman. I guess they felt I didn't need it since I won all the others and was named 1st team AA.

I had the EXACT same thing happen to me with Carnell. 1959 yards, averaged a ton per carry, 25 rushing td's, 5 receiving td's. Won the Maxwell and Doak Walker. Dominated the entire season, and Darren Sproles gets the heisman. he wasn't even on the all-america team. I wanted to throw my controller at the screen when i saw that. What made it worse was that the vote wasn't really that close.

I have the national championship up next, just beat florida to win the SEC. I finished second in the BCS even though i was the only unbeaten and was #1 in both polls, because oklahoma had beaten two BCS teams (beat KSU in a rematch in the big XII championship game). None of it made sense, but i'm gonna win the title anyway, who cares...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »