Home

Rules for moving into a new conference

This is a discussion on Rules for moving into a new conference within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2016, 02:44 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Rules for moving into a new conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
Originally, I made specific success rules. IE to move to a power 5 I had to reach 6* prestige as a mid major, have 2 consecutive conference titles, one undefeated regular season, 3 BCS wins, etc etc. I basically made it hard to reach on purpose.

I, however, had to forgo those rules. In my Sonoma State dynasty, I had 4 consecutive conference titles in the C-USA and Mountain West, and went undefeated in conference for 28 consecutive games. I also had back to back BCS wins. I needed to move for the challenge.

JBrew has excellent guidelines. Realism is the key. Sonoma State moved to the Big 12 and gave them a California market, so the conference got a benefit. Sonoma State got more conference money, and continued the expansion of their successful program, so I got a benefit. Both sides win.
As long as you aren't using "Travel Expense" as a criteria I would say this is a great move, gives the Big 12 a coast to coast conference with West Virginia out east.

However, in terms of realism I don't think Big 12 would add a West Coast school due to the geographic distance from the rest of the conference. Pac-12 maybe would have been a better fit, especially if you could make the case for San Diego State or even a Boise State to join to make it the Pac-14.

Honestly not trying to rain on your parade, just offering my suggestions
Old 11-21-2016, 05:54 PM   #10
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Rules for moving into a new conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawkfan11
As long as you aren't using "Travel Expense" as a criteria I would say this is a great move, gives the Big 12 a coast to coast conference with West Virginia out east.

However, in terms of realism I don't think Big 12 would add a West Coast school due to the geographic distance from the rest of the conference. Pac-12 maybe would have been a better fit, especially if you could make the case for San Diego State or even a Boise State to join to make it the Pac-14.

Honestly not trying to rain on your parade, just offering my suggestions
I considered that, but PAC 12 is all about research institutions, which Sonoma State is not. So I felt that wouldn't have been realistic. On the unrealistic side, I have played quite a few PAC 12 dynasties in the past, and didn't want to face those teams.

As you said, the travel expense was an issue. In my dynasty, Boise State moved with me to the Big 12. San Diego State also has the possibility of moving based on success, which was "written it" for the Sonoma State Big 12 bid to keep some of the traveling closer in the west division. I basically put that in specifically for the travel, as you mention. San Diego State will likely move after the 2020 season (just finished 2019), as they are 5* prestige right now. Down the road, Fresno State could jump too, as they are climbing fast.

As long as there is somewhat of a realistic story to it, it works for me. I know Big 12 is coast to coast, but I will rarely have to travel to West Virginia since they are in the East Division. At worse, that trip would be once every several years. Maybe, was down the road, the PAC 12 will lift the "research institution" idea and I can leap, if I'm tired of the Big 12.

I have possible plans of West Virginia moving to the ACC, and Iowa State going to the Big 10 so they face Iowa every year, and Cincinnati to the Big 10 (who has become a top 10 team). I've never gotten this deep in a dynasty, so I'm starting to shake it up.

Major Boise State fan

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »