Home

realistic emotion

This is a discussion on realistic emotion within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2004, 01:15 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
realistic emotion

Ive been reading about how this game is not realistic in so many aspects.
Lets talk about what the game simulates better than anyother sports game.
Emotion and momentum I dont know any other game that does it better.
I came to this realization the other day playing a Michigan vs Michigan St game.
Michigan St was undefeated and ranked 10th Michigan was ranked 4th with one lost.
Michgan St was playing at Michigan for a challenge I choose state.
I immediately drove down field on a well put together drive capped off by a 20yd TD pass.
I thought I was going to railroad Michigan after that first drive because it was so easy.
Well.. lets just say everything changed as the game progressed and the crowd got into it I could feel the momentum changed literaly. I knew I was in trouble because there D just got fierce I couldnt do anything. I lost the game 40-7 lol but it was one of the most realistic losses I ever had.

Personaly I think this game kills last years in every aspect its not even close. This is real college football. Would I like more offensive plays yeah but I would also like team specific defenses but we dont have that either. Bottom line this is a GREAT game just keep at it.
Its a steep learning curve. I had trouble passing on All-American at first but now I play on Heisman because All-American isnt challenging anymore. Well thats my 2 cents on the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2004, 01:27 AM   #2
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: realistic emotion

Quote:

lionelzeus said:
Ive been reading about how this game is not realistic in so many aspects.
Lets talk about what the game simulates better than anyother sports game.
Emotion and momentum I dont know any other game that does it better.
I came to this realization the other day playing a Michigan vs Michigan St game.
Michigan St was undefeated and ranked 10th Michigan was ranked 4th with one lost.
Michgan St was playing at Michigan for a challenge I choose state.
I immediately drove down field on a well put together drive capped off by a 20yd TD pass.
I thought I was going to railroad Michigan after that first drive because it was so easy.
Well.. lets just say everything changed as the game progressed and the crowd got into it I could feel the momentum changed literaly. I knew I was in trouble because there D just got fierce I couldnt do anything. I lost the game 40-7 lol but it was one of the most realistic losses I ever had.

Personaly I think this game kills last years in every aspect its not even close. This is real college football. Would I like more offensive plays yeah but I would also like team specific defenses but we dont have that either. Bottom line this is a GREAT game just keep at it.
Its a steep learning curve. I had trouble passing on All-American at first but now I play on Heisman because All-American isnt challenging anymore. Well thats my 2 cents on the game.

I agree. My last two games have been nail-biters and I was on the edge of my seat for both of them (lost them both by the way). The ups-and-downs of the college game are very well translated in this year's game.
Old 07-25-2004, 07:49 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: realistic emotion

I agree also. I played the season opener between Syracuse and Purdue last night . It was a game of momentum changes. Purdue got out to a 17-0 lead. The crowd kind of went dead and Syracuse recovered a muffed punt and scored a TD which put them back into the game. The Boilers got the ball back with 1:08 left. They had a six play 92 yard drive capped by a 6 yd TD pass with 13 seconds left to win 31-30. It was a great game to play and to watch. The momentum changes were there.

Go Boilers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »