Home

Game of The Week/Nationally Broadcasted Game Logic

This is a discussion on Game of The Week/Nationally Broadcasted Game Logic within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2016, 10:47 PM   #17
Pro

Dj2360's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Game of The Week/Nationally Broadcasted Game Logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Just to clear up some confusion, it sounds like you guys are mixing up the causality of the TV exposure rating. It sounds like you're expecting teams with a high rating to be selected to play in big TV games. It's the opposite however. Teams that play in big TV games get high TV exposure ratings, not the other way around.
Give an example of this? Because wouldn't "television exposure" still affect what are concieved as the "big games" in the preseason? Wouldn't they both play hand in hand?
Old 11-08-2016, 12:59 PM   #18

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Just to clear up some confusion, it sounds like you guys are mixing up the causality of the TV exposure rating. It sounds like you're expecting teams with a high rating to be selected to play in big TV games. It's the opposite however. Teams that play in big TV games get high TV exposure ratings, not the other way around.
This is 100% accurate.

As for what determines game of the week or national TV, I think the game literally just combines both teams coaching poll rankings and the lowest number is the game of the week.

I.E. #2 Alabama at #4 LSU = 6 while #1 Miami at #6 Clemson = 7.....the Bama game will be game of the week.

Also of note - if the game of the week is a rivalry game, it may not display on the schedule that it is the "Game of the Week" because the game puts on the rivalry game graphic instead.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 11-08-2016, 01:03 PM   #19
Pro

Dj2360's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
This is 100% accurate.

As for what determines game of the week or national TV, I think the game literally just combines both teams coaching poll rankings and the lowest number is the game of the week.

I.E. #2 Alabama at #4 LSU = 6 while #1 Miami at #6 Clemson = 7.....the Bama game will be game of the week.

Also of note - if the game of the week is a rivalry game, it may not display on the schedule that it is the "Game of the Week" because the game puts on the rivalry game graphic instead.
Wait a second, is this based on pre-season rankings? Because I've played in a #1 vs #2 game with regional tv
Old 11-08-2016, 01:45 PM   #20
Pro

Dj2360's Arena

Quote:
This is 100% accurate.

Also, if what you are saying is valid, can we please confirm this from multiple sources?
Old 11-08-2016, 02:12 PM   #21
Pro

souljahbill's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
This is 100% accurate.

GotW has nothing to do with ratings as I've seen plenty of ranked teams play on local tv while 2 teams in a rivalry game with mediocre to losing records play in the GotW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2016, 02:58 PM   #22
Pro

Dj2360's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by souljahbill
GotW has nothing to do with ratings as I've seen plenty of ranked teams play on local tv while 2 teams in a rivalry game with mediocre to losing records play in the GotW.

True, they may have nothing to do with "mid-season" ratings. The theory is that the GOTW is the two highest rated teams (pre-season)... Meaning every GOTW is already pre-decided based on match-ups, and the corresponding pre-season rankings.
Old 11-08-2016, 02:59 PM   #23
Pro

souljahbill's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj2360
True, they may have nothing to do with "mid-season" ratings. The theory is that the GOTW is the two highest rated teams (pre-season)... Meaning every GOTW is already pre-decided based on match-ups, and the corresponding pre-season rankings.

That makes A LOT more sense.

Old 11-08-2016, 03:01 PM   #24
Pro

Dj2360's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by souljahbill
That makes A LOT more sense.

Even though it "makes sense", it's stil just a theory that is yet to be proven... When I get home I actually plan on dabbling around in dynasty a bit, and trying to figure it out potentially

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »