Home

NCAA 2005 a sim? (Warning: lengthy)

This is a discussion on NCAA 2005 a sim? (Warning: lengthy) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2004, 10:17 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: NCAA 2005 a sim? (Warning: lengthy)

you guys are trying hard to discredit this man's post

but he has valid point after valid point

ncaa 2005 is a good football...but in an age...where all sports games are touting 'simulation' aspects...dont make the excuse that 'oh its just game'

it has major issues out the box
Old 07-25-2004, 10:18 PM   #10
MVP

WatchdogXC's Arena

OVR: 15

I get upset if I am under 55% completion right now. Just keep practicing. No game is going to be exactly like the real thing. I think NCAA 2005 is a lot of fun.
Old 07-25-2004, 10:27 PM   #11
MVP

rocker78's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

jordan0386 said:

ncaa 2005 is a good football...but in an age...where all sports games are touting 'simulation' aspects...dont make the excuse that 'oh its just game'

i really dont think it has any issues at all. i do pretty well in passing and running with the sliders and i am doing fine. i think another problem with some people is how much zip they put on the ball. last year i used to just lob it the entire time deep. this year i still do sometimes but sometimes i rifle it over the middle and i have also found a happy medium between the lob and bullet. just played kansas at northwestern in my kansas dynasty. my passing stats were 17-27 for 330 yards 3 tds and 2ints i think that i a pretty realistic statistical game. and i played on all american with my own sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2004, 10:55 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:

rocker78 said:
Quote:

jordan0386 said:

i do pretty well in passing and running with the sliders and i am doing fine.

yes, obviously since you adjust the way the game plays, and the way tiburon wanted you to play it...at default levels...everything duke said, im in agreement with...its just hard, not realistic

if a slider catching bar is default at 20...if you adjust it to 25...you should catch better...if a slider passing bar is default 20...if you adjust it to 25, you should pass better...

if you had to do this to enjoy the game...you have the same problems the original poster has...you just found a temporary fix...

if "2006" were to come out with the same coded formula...yes, you could adjust sliders...but it wouldnt be right that tiburon would force you two years in a row to do this, in order to enjoy their game
Old 07-25-2004, 11:12 PM   #13
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

jordan0386 said:
Quote:

rocker78 said:
Quote:

jordan0386 said:

yes, obviously since you adjust the way the game plays, and the way tiburon wanted you to play it...at default levels...everything duke said, im in agreement with...its just hard, not realistic

if a slider catching bar is default at 20...if you adjust it to 25...you should catch better...if a slider passing bar is default 20...if you adjust it to 25, you should pass better...

if you had to do this to enjoy the game...you have the same problems the original poster has...you just found a temporary fix...

if "2006" were to come out with the same coded formula...yes, you could adjust sliders...but it wouldnt be right that tiburon would force you two years in a row to do this, in order to enjoy their game

Then whats the deal with last years game? It was unrealisticly easy but I don't see people complaining about that. If you adjusted the sliders last year to make it harder then you are not playing the game like EA intented.

If they are winning by 80 they don't care if its easy.

If a human has ANY control at ALL, then you will ALWAYS have an arcade game end of story. You could be great and score 100 tds with your HB a year or you could suck and throw 100 ints - both of these are the fault of the user which the game in the end will have zero control over.. well that is unless there is some cheat AI which people also complained about.. and now its removed this year and it seems like people actualy want it back.
Old 07-25-2004, 11:16 PM   #14
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:

jordan0386 said:
Quote:

rocker78 said:
Quote:

jordan0386 said:

But who makes up what Tiburon's default sliders should be? It's quite possible the testers played hundreds of hours of 2005 at the "default" sliders and they happened to be fine for them. I can't help it that those testers are some type of video game playing prodigy that I can't equal. That is the beauty of sliders in these types of games. They are there for the individual to adjust to their liking.

Hell, I use Jistic's sliders AA sliders and I absolutely suck at getting through the defensive line with my tackles or ends. I'm sure others (most people I'd guess) find it too easy to get sacks with his sliders.

I've played six games in my Dynasty with SDSU and I'm 4-2 (losses to Michigan and UCLA). Colorado just threw on me for 395 yards, and 4 TDs/1 INT. I just happened to better them at over 500 yards, 4 TD/1 INT. That's the first time I've even thrown over 300 yards in any game with this year's iteration. I'm leading the MWC in yards, completions, completion pct. (57%), TD passes, and fewest INTs (after having to suspend my #1 wide receiver for the season). I'm not running away from the conference mind you, but I'm leading nonetheless.

I think the game is great with some tweaking and learning to put more touch on passes then you've had to in any other year's version.
Old 07-25-2004, 11:19 PM   #15
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19

". That is the beauty of sliders in these types of games. They are there for the individual to adjust to their liking."

Someone who actualy gets the idea of sliders. I will never understand the idea of person X's sliders. They are for how YOU play the game not for some guy off the internet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2004, 11:23 PM   #16
Banned

yes, praise and praise and praise...

but we dont take this type of sh!t from our pro games...

look at espn, three yrs in a row, the online community has b!tched for what they like and dont like...and for three yrs they have done their best to please

madden listens to the community to a certain respect, but it seems as if VC does it more

on default, this game is unacceptable...and tiburon cant do this again next yr...the super awareness has to go...and if the online community keeps sprouting off how they accept b/c its a challenge unlike yrs past...well, guess what

they're gonna double the code...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »