Home

Matching Coaches With Offensive Playbooks

This is a discussion on Matching Coaches With Offensive Playbooks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2017, 04:59 PM   #57
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Matching Coaches With Offensive Playbooks

What made you match Virginia Tech with Iowa St's playbook? I know some people have used the playbooks from TCU or Memphis for VT but after looking through Iowa St's playbook, it does look very similar to VT's
Old 12-22-2017, 09:13 PM   #58
Pro

DucksForever's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokie525
What made you match Virginia Tech with Iowa St's playbook? I know some people have used the playbooks from TCU or Memphis for VT but after looking through Iowa St's playbook, it does look very similar to VT's
Largely the amount of offset H-back formations that Virginia Tech uses coincides with the Iowa St playbook. I think it's the closest to what Fuente runs. Usually, I just peruse each playbook and match the one that utilizes most of the same formations as the actual team uses.

"What we have accomplished is that we have shown ourselves that we are capable." -Les Miles
Old 01-21-2018, 03:36 PM   #59
MVP

DavidTheGreat20's Arena

OVR: 4

Any new updates?

Looked like Michigan’s offense was a bit..different this season to say the least. Towards the end of the season they went back to their power-run style but at the same time they ran a lot of spread-style passing with five-wide sets and the occasional empty backfield under center. Is there a similar playbook out there that has similar passing concepts?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Old 07-07-2018, 11:49 AM   #60
Rookie

falcor1234's Arena

what playbook should be used for herm Edwards? I dont know to much about his offense so I just put generic pro playbook
Old 10-06-2018, 09:33 AM   #61
Rookie

JH823Opsport's Arena

OVR: 3

Can we update this list to reflect the current college football season?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2020, 01:02 AM   #62
Rookie

VTWiseGuy's Arena

Can we update this list for that 2020-2021 season???

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-16-2020, 01:47 PM   #63
Rookie

hello.

are there any playbooks that are similar to the Kyle Shanahan/Mike Shanahan Offense? I tried looking and couldn't find any. If there are no playbooks that match, what plays/formations can I use for a custom playbook to recreate that offense.

Also, has anyone tried to create a Bill Walsh or Josh mcdaniels- like playbook? if so can I see the plays/formations? Wouldn't mind trying that out.
Old 10-16-2020, 08:14 PM   #64
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakernk
hello.

are there any playbooks that are similar to the Kyle Shanahan/Mike Shanahan Offense? I tried looking and couldn't find any. If there are no playbooks that match, what plays/formations can I use for a custom playbook to recreate that offense.
Boise State should have some similarities, but I always prefer custom playbooks. Just finishing up one on Kyle Shanahan.
I normally am a less is more kinda guy when building PBs, but this one can get bulky pretty quick.

Ace:
F Pair Twins
Bunch Base
Twin TE
Big

I Form:
Normal
Twins
Tight

Strong I:
Normal
Close
Twins

Build around the plays with Auto-Motion, Stretch/Outside zone, Inside zone, Counter, Counter Trap, Jet Sweep/End Around, and Toss for the run game.
Heavy Play Action/boot off these runs, with concepts as Dagger, Yankee/Deep cross, Flood/Sail, and Wheel routes. Short passing with Mesh, All Slants, Quick screen game.

Shotgun:
Twin TE Slot
Split
Normal Y-Slot
Trey Open

Run game: more use of HB Base, Trap, Inside zone Split, Jet Sweep, then Outside zone, some Buck Sweep (not a lot) and Read Option. I think in a college offense he'd also use Speed Option.
Similar Pass concepts as under center, add All Curls from Normal Y-Slot. Again, Deep Passing game is mostly off Play Action.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »