Home

All I want for Xmas...

This is a discussion on All I want for Xmas... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2016, 06:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
All I want for Xmas...

Seriously, I would pay $250 for a current-gen NCAA Football game with the current Madden gameplay engine. Even if it had to be all randomized schools and all randomized players, as long as they were both editable.

It's rough going back to the NCAA games for me after playing Madden 17. The graphics and engine of that game just feel like too much of an advancement for me to take a step back and enjoy the NCAA games as much as I used to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2016, 06:55 PM   #2
Pro

souljahbill's Arena

OVR: 2
All I want for Xmas...

As a dynasty player, I'm 100% ok with ultra generic rosters. I can't get down however with a game that has the University of Columbus playing Ann Arbor University.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-22-2016, 09:24 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: All I want for Xmas...

I feel ya, as long as I'd be able to edit everything about the teams I'd be fine with it though. It'd take some time to get the schools right, but it's better than nothing.
Old 12-23-2016, 09:00 AM   #4
Rookie

I don't know about $250 but I will pay $100 with current Madden engine. I'm cool with all the NCAA details. The only thing extra I would add to the game is classic offensive formations like the old T- formation, wing-T, split backs, near, far, power I. I watched the 1994 Rose Bowl with UCLA vs. Wisconsin, UCLA ran a lot of the same formations and plays as the 49ers.

As for generic rosters, I'm cool with that. Hell they could put the number zero on each player but allow us to edit. With the Madden Graphics and all the cool uniforms from college teams, NCAA football would really pop.

Something tells me they are working on a game right now but it's really hush hush at the moment. I miss the game and I want it back in July 2017.
Old 12-23-2016, 05:41 PM   #5
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3

I agree OP. Love this game and how well it works in a long term dynasty, but the gameplay is so far behind what current gen is it is hard to play.

I recently started playing again with updated rosters and using the triple option since that was one thing I never really tried yet. Enjoyable so far, but we will see how long it takes to see what is and isn't OP about the scheme lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2016, 05:43 PM   #6
Rookie

issaknife's Arena

Man I wouldn't even care if everything was fake as long as it was editable. Even if I had to do it myself. Wouldn't edit players in that case (doesn't really matter, by the time I build a school up every real player's gone anyway), but schools wouldn't be very hard to do, it'd just take a while.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Old 12-26-2016, 04:04 PM   #7
Pro

MJDrocks's Arena

I would love to have a new NCAA with updated graphics but not with the current madden engine. Too acradey.
Old 12-26-2016, 09:57 PM   #8
Rookie

issaknife's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJDrocks
I would love to have a new NCAA with updated graphics but not with the current madden engine. Too acradey.
Madden 17 was great up until the big patch they released.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »