Home

youtube series

This is a discussion on youtube series within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2016, 06:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
youtube series

Started a ncaa 13 series on my youtube also have some older stuff there if anyone wants to check it out and give me tips

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmP...lE7WEPxsGb5a4A

Last edited by tolbizy; 12-29-2016 at 05:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2016, 08:54 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: youtube series

Tips would defend on what your goal with the YouTube series is. For me, I'm drawn to a youtuber like Mr. Hurriicane because of his vocal energy. In the video you posted, it's too relaxed, which doesn't make me want to stay engaged in the video. Within 90 seconds, unfortunately, I was in another tab formulating this response because I didn't feel sucked into the video.

Also, I think post-commentary works best for sports games instead of live commentary. Again, someone like Mr. Hurriicane excels at this. He has had years of practice making these types of videos, but his broadcast style helps give an authentic, non-video-game feel to what is just a bunch of people watching a recorded game of NCAA 14 that a stranger played. Making it feel like you're watching a real game and team with story lines, a broadcast feel and post-commentary instead of live commentary are integral.

I think that the best youtube sports guys -- at least the ones that I watch -- produce content that I think would work well as a written Operation Sports Dynasty thread, like some of the best ones here (Cheese, for instance) and vice-versa. The written dynasties on here do what Mr. Hurriicane or someone like StraitOuttaBoston (used to) do.

That doesn't mean that live commentary couldn't work, because there's examples of that, too. Johnny on the 2bcproductions channel does great NHL dynasties which are live com's, but his are also sim dynasties and not gameplay -- though he does gameplay with his Be A Pro series on NHL. I just feel that with live com's you have to be mega entertaining because if you aren't a gregarious personality, it can feel unstructured and rambling.

I've been thinking a lot about what I like in a youtuber recently, so these are just the first things that come to mind.

Now, all that said, if you're just posting it on youtube to have fun, then the video was just fine. I always enjoy watching some NCAA 14. Just run the youtube account the way that gives you the best enjoyment, and that might be by not following any of my advice, haha.
Old 12-28-2016, 04:51 PM   #3
Rookie

Thats the kind of info I want. I want to know how to better engage people and make my content better. Thank you for the feedback and I will work on making it more exciting and energetic
Old 12-29-2016, 12:50 AM   #4
Rookie

No problem, man. I would look at some videos from Mr. Hurriicane's UTSA dynasty videos and compare them to his recent Madden videos and note the differences. Good editing, the post-commentary allow him to act more as a broadcaster which allows him to reference story lines from the dynasty, etc.

I would look at someone like Loki Doki as well. He does stuff like Football Manager 2017 (Soccer, not american football) but he does well to amp up the energy without it feeling forced. You can compare his year old FM videos with his current ones and it's night and day. He's got a small channel (closing in on 8K subs, I believe) but he also put up a really nice video of the Youtube analytics he looks at which I think would be beneficial to someone looking to put videos on Youtube. That video is here. In it, he also broke down one of his least successful intro's to his Motorsport Manager series and talked a bit about his style, things he could learn from that video. Just thought it was a good resource as well.
Old 12-29-2016, 01:34 AM   #5
Rookie

Thanks man. I will look into it. Also thanks a lot for all the links. I have seen hurricane before, he and miles dawkins are the reason I started posting my sports stuff. the save for that dynasty got corrupted so I am going to start a new one. I will post the first video in here soon. I am trying something completely new to me so any feedback would be amazing. Thanks for not flame spraying me either lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2016, 01:42 AM   #6
Rookie

So here is the FIRST TWO videos. It is something I have never tried before so any feedback is appreciated.

https://youtu.be/E5JonGn8cyU

https://youtu.be/UE0fwOjrRg8

Last edited by tolbizy; 12-29-2016 at 08:21 AM.
Old 12-30-2016, 10:58 PM   #7
Rookie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsGqZMVRUA4
Old 12-31-2016, 01:47 AM   #8
Rookie

New videos look slick. Well done.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »