Home

Does Sprint Work With A Lineman?

This is a discussion on Does Sprint Work With A Lineman? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2017, 10:35 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Does Sprint Work With A Lineman?

On NCAA 06 I have usually played the end position on defense. I am curious. At the snap, and I try to break through or go around. Does holding the sprint button down help or hinder? It seems like you have to break free first or swim past and then sprint. Any ideas?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2017, 02:01 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Does Sprint Work With A Lineman?

I don't have NCAA 06, but with NCAA 14 there have been a couple threads where people notice that holding sprint right away can cause a "stuck in the mud" effect, especially with RBs.

I've had the best experience (at least with RBs) if I wait just a couple steps after the RB gets the ball to hold the sprint button, to get that true acceleration boost. Whereas if I hold sprint before/as the RB gets the ball it sometimes feels like he's running in mud and not really accelerating.

I would assume lineman are the same way, if you let your dlineman first come into contact with the O-line, perform your swim move/power move, and then hit sprint to accelerate towards the ball carrier that is your best bet.

It is always in your best interest to keep off the sprint button, until after you have made your initial move (regardless of position)
Old 01-03-2017, 05:32 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

Well, this is my first season as San Jose State head coach in dynasty. Not first time playing it, but first year at SJSU. As far as sprinting goes on the defensive line, these guys travel like they are in mud already. lol. Can' wait to build the "D" up.
Old 01-03-2017, 07:54 PM   #4
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawkfan11
I don't have NCAA 06, but with NCAA 14 there have been a couple threads where people notice that holding sprint right away can cause a "stuck in the mud" effect, especially with RBs.

I've had the best experience (at least with RBs) if I wait just a couple steps after the RB gets the ball to hold the sprint button, to get that true acceleration boost. Whereas if I hold sprint before/as the RB gets the ball it sometimes feels like he's running in mud and not really accelerating.

I would assume lineman are the same way, if you let your dlineman first come into contact with the O-line, perform your swim move/power move, and then hit sprint to accelerate towards the ball carrier that is your best bet.

It is always in your best interest to keep off the sprint button, until after you have made your initial move (regardless of position)
That's really great to know. I have often wondered why my RB is sometimes very noticeable sluggish.
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Old 01-04-2017, 05:52 PM   #5

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Yeah I could never tell if it was just in my head or not, but generally I have little to no success if I mash the sprint button with a RB as soon as I get the ball. It seems like the CPU players "amp it up" and get off their blocks quicker or something.

To me, the game rewards you for patient running and I don't hit the sprint button until I am in the open field. Until then, I am focused on finding holes and covering the ball.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2017, 09:11 PM   #6
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13

They sprint in ncaa 14... but there is a glitch right now where the lineman will do the running man if you pull the sprint trigger right at the snap.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »