Home

Most Frustrating Season? I need to hear yours...

This is a discussion on Most Frustrating Season? I need to hear yours... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2017, 02:12 PM   #1
Rookie

Trojan32's Arena

OVR: 0
Most Frustrating Season? I need to hear yours...

First off, thanks (or maybe not) to Matt10 for a sick set of sliders that I use for Coach Mode and Pocket Scout for his recruiting 'house rules'.

In the 8th year of Coach Duane's dynasty - his sixth with Wake Forest.

This year has got me frustrated to the point were I feel like throwing my controller off the balcony.

We are 3-6 right now. Here are the six losses...

Week 3 LOST 30-3 versus Georgia Tech

Week 4 LOST 34-32 @ West Virginia

Week 5 LOST 13-6 @ Florida State

Week 7 LOST 20-14 versus Duke

Week 10 LOST 31-29 versus Clemson (The Tigers kicked a 45 yard field goal as time expired. This after they converted a 3 and 19 from their 21 yard line and didn't use any timeouts. At our 40 with :08 they convert to the 28 and kick the FG)

Week 11 LOST 22-21 versus Syracuse. I fail to convert a 4th down in their territory (we have a crappy kicker), They get the ball on their 27 with :28 seconds and no timeouts, THEY PRODUCE A 68 YARD TD PASS with us in 2-Man - leaving us 13 seconds to do something - which we didn't.

All in all, five losses by a TD or less (7,6,2,2,1) - easily my MOST FRUSTRATING season EVER,

In case anyone wants to vent or tell me a horror story that's worse, I'd love to hear it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2017, 04:07 PM   #2
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Most Frustrating Season? I need to hear yours...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan32
Week 11 LOST 22-21 versus Syracuse. I fail to convert a 4th down in their territory (we have a crappy kicker), They get the ball on their 27 with :28 seconds and no timeouts, THEY PRODUCE A 68 YARD TD PASS with us in 2-Man - leaving us 13 seconds to do something - which we didn't.

In a situation where they need to get so many yards in so few plays I'd never call anything with less than 3 deep zones (most likely stick with cover 4s) and I'd certainly never call 2 man under. That's just begging to get torched by 4 verts which is the most likely play the offense would call in that situation.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 01-04-2017, 04:25 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
In a situation where they need to get so many yards in so few plays I'd never call anything with less than 3 deep zones (most likely stick with cover 4s) and I'd certainly never call 2 man under. That's just begging to get torched by 4 verts which is the most likely play the offense would call in that situation.
I've called cover 2man many times at end of game situations. You"should" get double coverage in most long pass attempts. Should be enough BUT I have been calling deep cover 3 man lately. This definitely will get you a WR double coverage with the deep ball.
Old 01-04-2017, 04:37 PM   #4
Rookie

Trojan32's Arena

2 man in coach mode has been money for me for the most part - although I had great teams in the past (94 to 99). This WF team seems to be 86 every season.

That being said, the 3rd and 19 in the Clemson game I was in Cover 4 dime package.

I guess when you don't have safeties in the 90's it's not as money as I think...
Old 01-04-2017, 09:23 PM   #5
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13

My Arizona state team played rival Arizona in week 15...Corrupted file for Arizona team forced me to sim the last gm of the season..Ranked 4th in the nation and a Heisman candidate at hb..

We lose to an inferior Arizona team 38-14...we had 11 penalties for over 100yds, 3 fumbles, 3 ints, starting qb and mlb both hurt and out for the season.. and we lose the Heisman to a penn state back..

my worst season is my CURRENT season!!!

ps... Thanks EA!!

Last edited by blackscorpion11; 01-04-2017 at 09:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2017, 11:00 PM   #6
Pro

I just started on this site. I like it tons. Hopefully, this and playing NCAA 06 will help fall get here quicker. I just started playing all american level. I have tweaked sliders like crazy.

My first season as San Jose State coach ended with 8-4 record including a Hawaii Bowl loss to UTEP. Nothing yo be frustrated about, right? My defense is horrible. All my games are high scoring and my O line and QB scares the crap out of me. Win/loss record is fine but beating #16 Fresno State at Fresno. The first game I used the sliders on was against Louisiana Tech. I beat them handily, and they were a decent team. Teams like Utah State give me a fit.

The wins were okay but the points given up... FRUSTRATING

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »