Home

Injuries

This is a discussion on Injuries within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2017, 04:44 PM   #1
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14
Injuries

I know there has been a lot of discussion on here about adding realistic injuries to dynasty mode. Has anyone figured out a good way to replicate realistic injuries other than going in and lowering every player's injury rating one at a time?

Just asking bc I'm just firing up a new dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2017, 06:45 PM   #2
Rookie

FarFromEer's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Injuries

As long as you aren't using Teambuilder teams, you can use the editor. There was a post about this very thing with lots of recommendations:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...juries-14.html
Old 01-26-2017, 03:51 PM   #3
Rookie

Trojan32's Arena

There is also a chart that includes injuries, team rules violatins and NCAA violations that I use in conjunction with lowering the injury ratings.

I tried a search but couldn't find it. Perhaps someone reading this knows where it is and can post a link.

It's actually pretty cool losing players to NCAA and team rules violations - adds some flavor to my dynasty.

If you have no luck, I should be able to post a photo or type it out for you.
Old 01-26-2017, 04:46 PM   #4
Rookie

I have had pretty good success with a modified version from another post.

I have:

QB, RB, WR at--- 65
TE, FB---60
O-line----5

the entire Defense at 30

I will get several minor injuries a game. House rule is that i have to replace them.

I have had two season ending injuries. one to WR and one to QB
I currently have and oline out for three weeks with some injury, but i dont remember what it is.

I also read somewhere that someone else believes that stamina plays a role in injury as well. I believe that also. Even with fatigue turned off. I have found that OB's with lower stamina seem to get injured more often even though they have the same injury rating.
Old 01-26-2017, 06:37 PM   #5
Pro

Just curious...if you have an injured player, can you go into the editor and change it so they're uninjured?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2017, 10:07 PM   #6
Rookie

My kicker and punter are at 0.

I actually just had my punter make a tackle on kick off and now he is out for 9 weeks with abd tear
Old 01-26-2017, 10:41 PM   #7
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan32
There is also a chart that includes injuries, team rules violatins and NCAA violations that I use in conjunction with lowering the injury ratings.

I tried a search but couldn't find it. Perhaps someone reading this knows where it is and can post a link.

It's actually pretty cool losing players to NCAA and team rules violations - adds some flavor to my dynasty.

If you have no luck, I should be able to post a photo or type it out for you.
I use this for "team violations" but for injuries the person who built the chart just recomended lowering injury ratings. I think I'm going to try to make a similar chart method for injuries.
Old 01-27-2017, 11:39 AM   #8
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

Here is what I've ended up with so far.... This is basically exactly the same as the "Infraction" system mentioned earlier in this post.

I would do this at the beginning of every season. Each "roll" is using a random number generator app or just on a web site. S,o for example, to determine how many injuries there would be in a season I would use the generator to pick a random number between 15-20. Then to pick the position group that injury would occur in I would have the generator pick a random # between 1-19.

I've run just a couple tests, have yet to do a full season but hopefully will over the weekend. The key, I think, is "#of injuries" & "roll for length of injury". I want to find a balance between easy and impossible obviously and am worried this set up will just be murderous. Injures seem, to me, to be largely random.

I want to hopefully integrate the feeling of either 'Damn we were decimated this year by the injury bug' or 'Wow, go lucky with injuries'

Hopefully there is someone on here with a statistics background that could comment so I could tune these.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »