Home

NCAA 2005 Great sales: GOOD or BAD?

This is a discussion on NCAA 2005 Great sales: GOOD or BAD? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2004, 12:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
NCAA 2005 Great sales: GOOD or BAD?

In a way its great NCAA 2005 is selling well because hopefully EA Sports will now acknowledge the XBOX. However, 2005 is heavily flawed with slowdowns, overly-active DBs, cheating, poor poor poor graphics on the XBOX.

Will EA Sports listen to their fans or their investors?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2004, 12:42 PM   #2
MVP

Venom_2K's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NCAA 2005 Great sales: GOOD or BAD?

That a easy answer to you question. The answer is, their investors.

My feeling about EA being on XBL this is because of their investors telling them that they should. But that's my feeling about it. The public knows about EA wanting their own servers not MS's. I think that's just a cover up.
Old 07-28-2004, 02:57 PM   #3
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Xbox version has bad graphics??

News to me.
Old 07-28-2004, 03:03 PM   #4
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

OVR: 10

XBOX bad graphics? Have you seen it beside the PS2 version? I have, and its better on the XBOX, easily. The textures are better, the game is crisper, the lighting is better, etc, etc....need I go on?
Old 07-28-2004, 11:33 PM   #5
ADW
Pro

OVR: 6

I have both versions and compared to NCAA 2004 they both look like junk. EA Tiburon dropped the ball on this game big time. However, on the other end of the spectrum I recently had a chance to play the final version of Madden 05 and it's mind blowing how much of a better looking and playing game Madden 05 is. It's hard to believe the same studio made both games. It pains me to say this, but when you guys play Madden 05 the NCAA game will be a distant memory. In the opinion of many NCAA has been the better game over Madden, but this year it's not even close.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2004, 11:57 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 9

No slowdown what so ever on the PS2 version...the graphics are serviceable. Not sure what you're expecting as far as graphics but there's not much you can do to the players. There's room for little things like when the ball hit's the net after a filed goal the net actual moves. Or better crowd animations i.e. the wave, people getting up and walking around, that sort of stuff. But in reality, we may be a generation of consoles or two away from things like that.
Old 07-29-2004, 10:45 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:

Radioactiveman said:
No slowdown what so ever on the PS2 version...the graphics are serviceable. Not sure what you're expecting as far as graphics but there's not much you can do to the players. There's room for little things like when the ball hit's the net after a filed goal the net actual moves. Or better crowd animations i.e. the wave, people getting up and walking around, that sort of stuff. But in reality, we may be a generation of consoles or two away from things like that.

ESPN's graphics show the potential of the XBOX and football. The field graphics are fantastic!! The player graphics/uniforms are nothhing short of spectacular. Sure, the players a somewhat stiff, but the helmets, the uniforms, the animations... amazing.

If only we could take ESPN's graphics/animations with NCAA 2005 gameplay we'd have a 10/10 game.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:06 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think these kind of sales on '04 would've been more beneficiary then on '05, as I feel that '04 could appeal to a wider audience with easier to run offenses and more forgiving gameplay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »