Home

POST YOUR CUSTOM CONFERENCE SETUP!

This is a discussion on POST YOUR CUSTOM CONFERENCE SETUP! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2018, 04:33 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: POST YOUR CUSTOM CONFERENCE SETUP!

There is an option at the bottom of the screen that allows you to delete that slot. That doesn't sound like what I want to do. At least I don't think. I left all the slots for the conferences there and added in two more for the ones at the bottom. For the slot beside the conferences, you can tell which bowl you want them in. I placed all of those on "Any".
Old 01-17-2018, 04:53 PM   #34
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collegefbfan
There is an option at the bottom of the screen that allows you to delete that slot. That doesn't sound like what I want to do. At least I don't think. I left all the slots for the conferences there and added in two more for the ones at the bottom. For the slot beside the conferences, you can tell which bowl you want them in. I placed all of those on "Any".
What you've done, I think, is given an automatic BCS bid (ANY BCS game) to every conference winner. By deleting the slot, you've opened up BCS bids to everyone. If the top-ten BCS teams are all from one conference, then that's who gets the bid. The way you've done it ensures that every conference champion gets in.
Old 01-26-2018, 01:23 PM   #35
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzBroseph
Here is my most recent custom conference setup. Basic geographic relocation with each power 5 assigned a group of 5. Relegation at end of each season. I have tried several different relegation setups and I'm interested in seeing what everyone else uses. Post your setup!
Really like this set up and graphic...simple and easy to implement. Going to give it a go when I start up a new dynasty!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2018, 02:21 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 13

I've only ever done default + a guide to keep each year up to date from 2013 current day, but I really like the idea of that OP set and will use it for an alternate dynasty. My only question would be to wonder how to set the BCS bids up?
Old 01-27-2018, 03:21 PM   #37
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
I've only ever done default + a guide to keep each year up to date from 2013 current day, but I really like the idea of that OP set and will use it for an alternate dynasty. My only question would be to wonder how to set the BCS bids up?
I set mine up exactly like the OP. For the BCS bowls, I went:

Rose = Big Ten vs Pac12
Sugar = SEC vs Big12
Orange = ACC vs at large
Fiesta = at large vs at large

Old 02-26-2018, 08:03 PM   #38
Rookie

FarFromEer's Arena

Just getting started with a new setup for me. Smaller conferences (12 max) and lots of independents (28 in all).

ACC (1954-1971): Clemson, Duke, Maryland, NC State, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Wake Forest

American (My version of a Big East): Boston College, Florida State, Louisville, Miami, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Virginia Tech, West Virginia

Big 12 (Big 8: 1958-1996): Colorado, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State

Big Ten (1952-1989): Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Northwestern, Ohio State, Purdue, Wisconsin

C-USA (SWC: 1976-1991): Arkansas, Baylor, Houston, Rice, SMU, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech

MAC (1997)(East): Akron, Bowling Green, Cincinnati, Kent State, Miami University, Ohio
MAC (1997)(West): Ball State, Central Michigan, Eastern Michigan, Northern Illinois, Toledo, Western Michigan

MWC (WAC: 1992-1995): Boise State, Fresno State, Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico, New Mexico State, San Diego State, San Jose State, UNLV, UTEP

PAC-12 (PAC-10: 1978-2010): Arizona, Arizona State, California, Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford, UCLA, USC, Washington, Washington State

SEC (1941-1963)(East): Florida, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
SEC (1941-1963)(West): Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Tulane

Sun Belt (2012): Arkansas State, FIU, Florida Atlantic, Mid Tenn State, North Texas, South Alabama, Troy, UL Lafayette, UL Monroe, Western Kentucky

Independents: everyone else!

SEC has protected rivalries: Auburn-Georgia, Alabama-Tennessee, Florida-LSU, Ole Miss-Vanderbilt, Georgia Tech-Tulane, Kentucky-Mississippi State

BCS AQ's: ACC, American, Big 12, Big Ten, C-USA, PAC-12, SEC
I eliminated all bowl assignments across the board.

Last edited by FarFromEer; 08-04-2018 at 05:24 PM.
Old 03-25-2018, 06:19 PM   #39
Pro

osubucki6's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos

This is the current season of a promotion-relegation OD that I run. Teams move up and down within their color band.
I'm using this is a kind of base into what regions each school falls into, but I obviously set it up differently when I started. Something interesting just happened with it.

Year 1-Louisville in the ACC (Tier 2), makes it to National Championship and loses
Year 2-Louisville in SEC (tier 1), does well, I believe were ranked all year
Year 3-Louisville in SEC (tier 1), gets demoted
Year 4-Louisville in ACC (tier 2), gets demoted
Year 5-Louisville in C-USA E (tier 3), gets demoted

In a 5 year span Louisville went from competing for a National Championship to getting demoted to the bottom tier. This did coincide with losing Lamar Jackson, but to still get demoted every year is something I found really noteworthy.
NBA-Sonics :'(
Old 03-29-2018, 02:21 AM   #40
Banned

Great information shared..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »