Home

Need Help with Celebrations & Big Hits (PS2)

This is a discussion on Need Help with Celebrations & Big Hits (PS2) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2004, 01:40 PM   #1
Rookie

tommygunn's Arena

OVR: 3
Need Help with Celebrations & Big Hits (PS2)

I can't seem to get these things to work. I use the big hit button and only about 10% of the time do I get one. Am I doing something wrong?

Also on celebrations I can't seem to get them to work ever!!! Do I hold down L2 and press another buttom simulatneously??? Or do I press L2 and release and then another button and release.

HELP!!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2004, 02:11 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Need Help with Celebrations & Big Hits (PS2)

You hold L2 and another button simultaneously just as the play ends. You can also use R2 for a more extreme celebration that has a better chance of being flagged.

You can also control whether you want the fans, mascot, or players to celebrate. I can't remember which is which though, but check under the NCAA 101 videos, it should be under the "What's New" section.
Old 07-30-2004, 08:50 AM   #3
Rookie

tommygunn's Arena

Hawg thanks for the reply but I must be stupid or something because I still can't get this to work. Can you make it happen any time after a decent play? Because literally after every first down or big play I press the L2 and Square buttons simultaneously (for a player celebration) and nothing happens. Do I press it too soon, too late? What the heck am I doing wrong here?
Old 07-30-2004, 09:15 AM   #4
Rookie

I've had big hits at random it seems, and never press anything.
Old 07-30-2004, 10:05 AM   #5
Rookie

swilson1138's Arena

Celebrations: It seems there is a certain level of AI regarding the celebrations. Rivalry games, and bowl games are when they seem to show up the most. They dont seem to work during midseason games to well, or during blowouts. I can always tell when the CPU will let me use one. After the play is blown dead, there will be a 'quiet' spot where they just show the players getting up off the turf. At this point hit the celebration buttons (R2 + O, or whatever), and the celebration will start. As far as the user-created-signs they are a bit random. Sometimes they show user made signs, and sometimes the default EA signs. I noticed a nice touch for celebrations. During an away game down at Florida, I got a huge sack and my MLB taunted the crowd with Florida's Gator chop routine. Hilarious.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2004, 10:17 AM   #6
Rookie

swilson1138's Arena

Big Hits: These work, but it depends on several factors. One, the defender needs to be the same size or bigger than the ball carrier. In fact, if you try a Big Hit against a larger player, you might get flattened yourself. Two, you need to be squared to the ball carrier. If you are coming at him at an angle, you’ll get the tackle but not a Big Hit. Timing is also the third factor. Press the Big Hit button too early and the ball carrier can brace himself against a big blow and just might bounce off of you. Press the button too late and you won’t be able to get your forearms up in time to make the blow. Like everything else in this game it just takes practice. I get most big hits on kickoffs and punt returns.
Old 07-30-2004, 10:29 AM   #7
Rookie

tommygunn's Arena

Thanks Swilson,

A few more questions.

On big hits. Do you merely hold down the L2 button and then dive at the guy or something or do you press and release the L2 button once you get close to the guy and want to tackle.

On celebrations same question. Do you press and hold L2 and then press the square? Do you hold them both down together? Do you tap them both together? What's the best way to press the buttons?
Old 07-30-2004, 11:21 AM   #8
Rookie

swilson1138's Arena

Big Hits: just tap the L2 button once, right before you are about to hit the guy. If you are using the sprint button, you probably want to let go of it before hitting L2. I always do. Trying to tackle while sprinting right at a guy decreases your chance of making the tackle.

Celebrations: during the 'quiet' moment I described, press and hold the celebration buttons 'at the same time' for about 2 seconds. I use L2 + circle, just because I like the fan celebrations.

Hope this helps.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »