Home

Ok, I'm officially done with this game...

This is a discussion on Ok, I'm officially done with this game... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2004, 07:02 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
Ok, I\'m officially done with this game...

Before I go any further, I'd like to say that I have ALWAYS been an EA guy, so I'm not trolling or putting them down in any way.

I bought ESPN NFL 2K5 last week, and have been playing it almost non-stop since. I love it, to the point where I hadn't even touched NCAA 2005 again until today. But I figured that I would give it another try (although it disgusted me half the time at first). So, I pop in a game of NCAA 2005 and I'm Michigan at home, playing Florida State. The WR catch sliders are all the way up, mind you.

The game is 20-14 (FSU lead) with 30 seconds to go, and I'm on the 9 yardline. I call my play and snap it, see Braylon Edwards open on the left, and release it... Drop. No one hit him, nothing, just bounced right off his hands. No big deal, I'll just call another play. So, I call the new play and throw it, Jason Avant... BOING! Right off his hands, same thing, not even touched. Oh well, it's only 3rd down, so I'll try something else. This time it's the TE, open accross the middle, and I release a nice throw... PING! Dropped! By this time I'm getting a little frustrated, but I still have to go for it on 4th down. I call a new play and find Braylon again... BOUNCE! Off his hands, again... not even touched.

I can handle drops, but this is ridiculous. FOUR DROPS IN A ROW at the end of the game, in the endzone, and for the win. If my receiver is creamed and drops it, I can live with that. But half the time, even when I hit them right on the hands, they drop the ball.

I love so many things about this game that it's a shame the drops have ruined it for me. I'm just sick of playing a game that I feel I don't control. With six or seven drops a game, it feels like the computer is pre-determining what's going to happen before I even snap the ball. There's no point in playing it for that reason.

I'll try the game next year for sure. But if EA doesn't COMPLETELY revamp the way receivers catch next year, I'm done with them altogether. This year, it's all go on ESPN for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2004, 07:04 PM   #2
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Ok, I\'m officially done with this game...

Too bad...
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »