Home

TeamBuilder teams in the Editor (WIP)

This is a discussion on TeamBuilder teams in the Editor (WIP) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2017, 04:30 PM   #49
MVP

fatleg3's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: TeamBuilder teams in the Editor (WIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesportsguru11
Awesome, glad you got that straightened out.

Tried two test files with teambuilder GA Southern/App State and still getting that "error - not a DB/MC02 file" notification. Tried all the different configs that I know of and the file has been decrypted properly. Curious as to how those of you with success made it happen?

Wondering if it might be just a problem with my specific file or I'm missing a step or something, but any help would be fantastic. I played around with the grad transfer stuff on a default dynasty file yesterday and that works fantastic.. Can't wait to explore the rest of the editor.

I extract the file from my flash drive using horizon and it opens fine in the db editor for me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-04-2017, 08:16 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm too new to the OS website to send PMs...how else can I get the file??
Old 07-04-2017, 09:28 PM   #51
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatleg3
I extract the file from my flash drive using horizon and it opens fine in the db editor for me...

Hmm.. interesting. I don't know why I'm having difficulties then. I'm doing the decryption process the same as I always have, it's just not loading the files for some reason, giving me the same Not DB or MC02 error that one would get when trying to load teambuilder files before. Hopefully someone can help get to the bottom of this.

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2017, 08:32 AM   #52
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatleg3

Miami is spot on. Wrong shade of garnet for FSU though. Needs to be a bit darker.
Old 07-05-2017, 09:59 AM   #53
MVP

fatleg3's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0rangez4u
Miami is spot on. Wrong shade of garnet for FSU though. Needs to be a bit darker.

Thanks. I made the unis for Miami. That was the best fsu with updated unis I could find. When I get some more time I will make a fsu on teambuilder.

Old 07-06-2017, 10:27 AM   #54
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

I sent a message to my man Skull but I wanted to see what the rest of you guys thought about this idea as well...

When I saw this thread on being able to edit Teambuilder teams in the editor I started to think about some of the things that might be able to be done. One thing I came up with was possibly doing a US Army All-American game or Under Armoir All-American game by using the actual recruits. Basically here was my thought...

1) Take a dynasty file with populated recruits, do an export of the recruits attributes.

2) Also in the dynasty file, add the two US Army teams or Under Armour Teambuilder teams in place of 2 other teams, customize schedule to have them play each other in week 1.

3) Do an export of the 2 Teambuilder rosters.

4) Go in and add by copy and paste whichever recruits you want to occupy the East and West Rosters.

5) Save and then make a separate dynasty file. This file would be for the sole purpose of playing the high school all-star game.

So in my mind me this all sounds good. But the first issue I ran into was the obvious...the tables are different for recruits and for roster so when you do an export of both the rows and columns in the Excel spreadsheet are different. I'm not real good with Excel as I only know the absolute minimum.

So my question is can it be done? I thought this would be a good idea and just adding a little more to the game by actually being able to "watch" the recruits play instead of it all being "text like" recruiting.

Tell me what you think and if it can be done. I'll prolly post the same thing in your thread as well and see what others say as well.
Old 07-06-2017, 12:43 PM   #55
Pro

Arrowhead29's Arena

OVR: 7

^I believe Skulletor's version of the editor already has a HS All-American Game function built in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2017, 01:08 PM   #56
Pro

OVR: 4

it does, just without the team builder aspect

I believe what you do is

1) open a roster file
2) go to file -> copy hsaa roster
3) then open the dynasty file you want to get the recruits from

it'll put them into the army (east) and navy (west) teams. i'll look into making them work with team builder

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »