Home

Heisman Seasons?

This is a discussion on Heisman Seasons? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2004, 07:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Heisman Seasons?

Is there anyone out there who plays their seasons on Heisman (without the slider bars)? Last year my friends and I prided ourselves on being able to win the national championship going through the season with average teams on Heisman mode, albeit with ridiculous plays. But this year it is almost impossible. So I was wondering if there are any people out there who actually use Heisman on a regular basis...if so, how do you keep your sanity and not get frustrated? It seems impossible to play on Heisman without breaking something in my house after a cornerback who is 20 yards out of position comes out of nowhere to break up my pass. Are there any specific strategies that anyone has found to win on a regular basis on Heisman?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2004, 07:18 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Heisman Seasons?

I play adjusted Heisman (njkroc's) and I can actually play realistically and WIN, unlike Default where, like you said, you have to do miraculious plays left and right.

I would honestly adjust the settings so you can play realistically
Old 08-06-2004, 01:42 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have never played on anything other than Heisman sliders. By my third dynasty I had the cpu sliders maxed on most categories including Def. Awareness. This year is definitely different. After a few games on Heisman I got so discouraged that I started playing on AA. Reason for the switch was simple. I normally read coverages, run flood routes, and throw to open man. This year, CPU CB somehow covers the flat route yet has sufficient ability to cover the vertical route on same side. In reality that is impossible. Same with MLB covering hook zone over the middle at 5 yard depth, but getting to deep balls over the middle at 20 yards. Computer playing unrealistically took the fun out of Heisman for me this year. It became a guessing game instead of a realistic football game with defenses running true coverages. I love close games. I love having the cpu beat me up some during the season so its not so easy. But this year's Heisman defense disregards physics. That is unfortunate since there are so many great aspects of 2005.
Old 08-06-2004, 06:24 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 11

I had brought this same subject up a while ago. The computetr seems to play 3 times faster on defense. You can't scramble with the faster QB's( something I pride myself of) and The computers d-line is bionic. No sir it only took 3 games for me to make the switch to All-American. I normally play any game at the hardest level but this won't be one of them....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »