Home

DROPPED PASSES (xbox vs. ps2)

This is a discussion on DROPPED PASSES (xbox vs. ps2) within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-10-2004, 06:02 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: DROPPED PASSES (xbox vs. ps2)

I have GCN and it is ramped. And please stop being ignorant saying manual catch. My guys are dropping bullet passes that are right in their hands over and over. I cant switch and get in position to catch on a bullet pass. And I need to be able to throw bullets sometimes because if i throw too many lobs their defenders flock to the ball and I have no chance to catch it.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:21 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 8

Man, I am passing fine. I just played with a freshman QB with little composure and threw at least 60%.
Old 08-11-2004, 01:09 AM   #11
We are...

psufan's Arena

OVR: 12

Here's a little hint for xbox users who are having this problem. try taking a little steam off the ball...press the buttons not too hard but not too soft and the dropped passes seem to go down. smashing the buttons and bulleting the passes leads to drops from my experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2004, 01:42 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 12

It shouldn't be that hard.. You should just be able to throw the ball & if your mans open he should catch it. Period. End of story.. None of this, don't move when throwing, manual catch, don't touch the analog stick after throwing the ball.. I heard a million tricks on how to catch the ball.. & that doesn't change the fact that the AI QB will be lucky to complete 30% of their passes. In Madden it's easy. If a player is open he catches the ball.. Maybe in NCAA 06 EA will introduce a new feature. Players actually catch the ball..
Old 08-11-2004, 04:50 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 6

i vote neither system, with good quarterbacking and decision making, the drop problem is no longer evident, its user error, not the xbox or ps2
Old 08-11-2004, 07:13 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Here we go again. After trying sliders, practice, manual catching, lay off the stick, don't pass to hard, don,t pass to soft, ect....

Can we just admit that with the other enhancements to this game, they broke the passing game. For those of you, regardless of sliders, or other tehniques that think a top 20 rated quarterback in the NCAA has a completion rate of 31%, you need to watch some real games or goto the ncaa statistics web site. Something like ncaa.org, I believe.

For the last time, look at the cpu numbers. The game is broken as far as realistic stats are concerned.
Old 08-11-2004, 08:22 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

There have been a number of threads on this subject, and there can be little doubt that EA made a mistake in the out-of-the-box difficulty of the passing game. I was extremely frustrated by it for about two weeks. Then I started hitting passes for many of the reasons mentioned: good sliders, touch, throwing when the receiver makes his move, etc. In fact, I was completing 60-70% of my passes, which is way too high for a sophomore QB at Nebraska, and I had to lower my QB accuracy slider from 10 to 8 to get more realistic results.

Also, I would disagree with those who say that good college WRs never or almost never drop balls which are thrown on the money. I see several every football Saturday (not just at Nebraska ) and saw a ton during the Hall of Fame Classic Monday night.

I think the number of drops is going to be nearly identical between the X-Box and PC -- the AI is going to be the same in a ported game, as another poster already noted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2004, 07:56 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 6

I am playing on all american in the ai's favor with the catch slider on 10 for me, and 11 for them completely problem free, as its been since day one. Do four or five balls get dropped in a game combining both teams stats? well sure, and thats part of the game, they are not pros, they are kids fellas

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »