Home

What's the deal with probation?

This is a discussion on What's the deal with probation? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2004, 09:27 PM   #1
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
What's the deal with probation?

I restarted my dynasty and just finished the first season today, and I get a pop up screen saying I've lost 10 scholarships for the next 2 years. I had a bunch of infractions and I never did what the CPU suggested I do (I usually cut it down a bit if the player had A+ for discipline cause that made sense to me at the time).

So do you basically have to do what the CPU suggests or you'll be hit with probation??

Anyway, it didn't hurt me at all really, I got an incredibly lucky recruiting class because of a talent-filled New England - which is beyond a rarity. Got the #1 and #2 DE's. One from Merrimack, NH and the other from Orange, NJ. The one from NH is 6'8" 265 lbs.

But best of all, I got an "athlete" from my own backyard in North Haven, CT who's a 78 overall QB with 85 for speed!!

Needless to say I just DESTROYED lowly Buffalo 62-3 in Week 1 by running the option all over them. Lil payback for them breaking Orlovsky's ribs and ending his season/career last year

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2004, 12:04 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: What's the deal with probation?

I dont think there is any real way to deal with infractions. I sometimes did what the computer said and other times I would only do a quarter when it called for a game. But I didnt get any penalties at the end of the year. My friend went through a whole season and didnt punish any players and he didnt get any NCAA sanctions so I dont know the logic.
Old 08-07-2004, 12:28 AM   #3
MVP

Jwally's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: What's the deal with probation?

My best advice is to watch the NCAA interest bar. If it fills up halfway or beyond, your team is headed toward probation. To keep the bar down, dish out the punishments the computer suggests or even make them more strict if necessary. You will see the interest bar go up and down based on the punishment you dish out.
Cincinnati Bearcats

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »