Home

Ok I can't find the wishlist thread so...

This is a discussion on Ok I can't find the wishlist thread so... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2004, 05:05 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Post Ok I can't find the wishlist thread so...

I will post this with the hope it will be placed accordingly.

First of all I do like 2005, however the cpu secondary does cheat! I have seen too many db's jump ten feet in the air to swat away well thrown balls. Having said that I am glad that passing is not too easy as that would make the game unplayable. On to the wishlist

1. I would like to see coaches editable just like all the players so each team can have a real coach and name. This could be expanded for export to madden so coaches could come and go between madden and ncaa, perhaps this is a difficult thing to program but this is a wish.

2. I would like to see more size to the linemen, I think they look a little too thin when lining up at the LOS.

3. I would like to see position specific equipment additions, like a hand towel on the center for the QB. Knee braces for linemen etc...

4. Similar to 1. I would love to see a "coaching staff" for each team. Perhaps a Off cord., Def cord., linebacker, running back, secondary and reciever coaches. Hiring the "right" coaches could help or possibly hinder recruiting which could really spice up the off season. Coaches need ratings on such things as knowledge, volatillity (sp) etc...

5. I would love to see something like off-season camps like the elite 11 that easports sponsors. Recruits could be viewed running drills and impressing or not impressing. If a 365 day callendar type approach could be implemented with various camps, coaches clinics etc that could improve your coaches ratings would be cool. Of course an ability to fast forward thru the off-season would need to be available so we do not get too immersed. Somehow a method for knowing more about highschool recruits is needed to improve this part of the game.

6. Please get rid of the tipped ball that flies 20 yards.

5. Thanks for reading.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2004, 09:23 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Ok I can't find the wishlist thread so...

Coaches are fully editable in dynasty mode.
Old 08-08-2004, 12:54 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9

R U saying you can edit any teams coach without controlling them in a dynasty? If that is true disregard my statement then.
Old 08-08-2004, 01:59 PM   #4
All Star

OVR: 17

I'd also like them to add tons more offensive formations and plays, i find myself using the same plays more this year than last. Another thing that would be nice is the on-the fly subs like madden and espn have, where you can sub in your backup RB or WR at the playcall screen.
Old 08-08-2004, 02:33 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

On the fly subs would be nice and fixing the super DB's would be nice. I don't understand why the DB's can fly across the field to stop an out route but can't get into a good position to stop a bomb.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2004, 05:59 PM   #6
Rookie

F3rN's Arena

OVR: 3

i have some to add also

1. the super db's its so annoying you cant get a pass over them if theyre going to have this they should atleast have the wr come back for the ball and fight for it because the db flies and the receiver can barely get off the ground so i think they need to work on those animations better so they can make it a good battle between receiver and defender.

2****nning i think should be controlled by some sort of freestyle joystick as it does in live so you can do some stutter steps or cuts instead of just juke one way or the other.

3.practice during your dynasty(11 on 11, 7 on 7, drills with individual players, or a separate them into groups by position) in practice uniforms i know its nit picking but "if its in the game its in the game" right.

4.maybe some year round recruiting or have camps so you can watch recruits go through drills and get a first hand view of the kids. the ideal thing would be to have this and be able to watch highschool games and of course have the army all star game to see the best in the nation go at it hopefully ea will listen and put this in doesnt have to go by that name if they for some legal reason can not get to rights to it but you know what i mean.

5.senior bowls they were in the game before why not now get rid of the stupid mascot game and have the post season senior bowls that let the players maybe raise or lower their draft stock depending on their on field play. this would be perfect if you could run both 1-A and 1-AA seasons at the same without having to replace teams that way you can have un heard of players coming out of nowhere from tiny north east central boondock state shine and get drafted.

6.more players in draft classes so you can have eventual diamonds in the roughs or complete busts and draft mistakes if there isnt proper scouting.

7.i say they need a whole new rating system that consists more of the numbers they have instead of having rating numbers why not just have stats like 40 speeds, bench reps, squat, and all the other scouting numbers so that way you wont just start a player because he is rated higher than the other you can actually play with your team and set your own starting lineup.

well thats about it i know kind of long thanks for reading add your own explore the studio space
Old 08-08-2004, 10:13 PM   #7
Pro

Mangum's Arena

OVR: 6

1)Enhance the practice mode to where you can have a formal scrimmage. You can select to have a 15, 20, 30 play scrimmage to where you can see an extensive breakdown either, from the stats menu or at the end of the game.

2)Bring back the off tackle plays!! Or just scrap the offensive playbooks all together and rebuild. Many people have said that all the AI busting plays have been removed, which is true. EA should just redo the whole O playbook. Besides the way people are complaing about the PASS AI this year those AI busting plays may not work in this years version. Anyone remember in older versions to where on D you could have half the site playing zone and the other playing man-to-man? Bring that back also!!

3)Redo the depth chart process. I should be able to have my starting ROLB, double as my second string LOLB. If I goto mass subs and I have a starter at one position, listed as a second stringer in another, the AI ignores it and put someone else in. In my last game I had my QB and RB lining up as a backer and DE.

4)Update the intros. Yes the ice machine has been replaced, but you still see that stupid WR getting hyped hopping down the isle. Only thing has changed is that its basically shot at a different angle but the overall scene is the same. There's no need to even view them because we've seen them 10,000 times. The fan cut scenes are a start but the intros have been the same since about the 2002 series release.

5)Add more options for the created schools. It fine that we can use the school logo for someof the created schools but I'm sure some would also like to use the logo OFF OF THE HELMET also. Also an effect could be added to where you can have print (School name or nickname) across the front of the player's jersey.

6)Sports Illustrated feature is still broken(I guess). If you wear an alt uni and somehow get your team mentioned in the weeks magazine it doesn't show the alt uni but the home if you were home and away if you were away. I've seen some stange covers involving LSU and GT because they were white was there home unis so both teams have shown up in white uniforms and Ive seen LSU in purple and NC State in red on the same cover as well. Weird!

Last edited by Mangum; 08-08-2004 at 10:54 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »