Home

Camera Issues...again

This is a discussion on Camera Issues...again within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2004, 08:45 AM   #1
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9
Camera Issues...again

Since there isn't a wishlist thread yet I am putting this here. Three years in a row I, I've seen other posts as well, have been asking for the overhead view in domed stadiums.

I don't know if a lot of people play in this mode but my personal thoughts on it are basically that if I play in any other view I can't see my receivers unless I run to a side. This totally takes any fun out of playing the game. I seriously enjoy the game but it's killing me three years in a row.

This lack of overhead view has me skipping those games. Which isn't that big a deal if it's a game a year but here's where the issue arises. I am playing with PSU and finished 6-5. One of the wins was against Minnesota, which i simmed. Played about a quarter and couldn't take it. Finally I get invited to a Bowl Game and guess what game. The Motor City Bowl. So I tried playing in the Classic view, but the passing game feels like a crapshoot. I have to guess if the receiver will be open besides the fact that I can't even see the route.

So anyway, for the new wishlist, EA please do one of two things.

1. Add overhead view to domed stadiums
or
2. Add a pullout view on pass plays, ala ESPN 2k5.

Besides that does anyone have any suggestions on how to counteract this, i.e, am I missing something to be able to see my outside receivers.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2004, 06:26 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Camera Issues...again

I use Classic camera mode and I can see my recievers just fine until I roll out of the pocket. Then the recievers on the other side of the field go off the screen.
Old 08-09-2004, 06:43 PM   #3
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cch99
Since there isn't a wishlist thread yet I am putting this here. Three years in a row I, I've seen other posts as well, have been asking for the overhead view in domed stadiums.

I don't know if a lot of people play in this mode but my personal thoughts on it are basically that if I play in any other view I can't see my receivers unless I run to a side. This totally takes any fun out of playing the game. I seriously enjoy the game but it's killing me three years in a row.

This lack of overhead view has me skipping those games. Which isn't that big a deal if it's a game a year but here's where the issue arises. I am playing with PSU and finished 6-5. One of the wins was against Minnesota, which i simmed. Played about a quarter and couldn't take it. Finally I get invited to a Bowl Game and guess what game. The Motor City Bowl. So I tried playing in the Classic view, but the passing game feels like a crapshoot. I have to guess if the receiver will be open besides the fact that I can't even see the route.

So anyway, for the new wishlist, EA please do one of two things.

1. Add overhead view to domed stadiums
or
2. Add a pullout view on pass plays, ala ESPN 2k5.

Besides that does anyone have any suggestions on how to counteract this, i.e, am I missing something to be able to see my outside receivers.

Thanks.
The other thing that bugs me and is new this year is the fact that the new kick off and punt screens are not available when you are in over head view. In the other views on kickoffs the screen does a 180 degree spin just as the kicker is kicking the ball. This is new this year and it is GREAT. Also on punting after the ball is kicked and it is about half way down the field it spins 180 degrees. Again, a great addition. The only problem is that if you are in over head view it doesn't spin at all. It acts like last years game.

I like over head view as well and this is a rather big bummer for me.

Nascar: #88 Junior
Old 08-09-2004, 10:54 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Amen brother. I have been complaining about "no overhead view in domes" for four years but have never found anyone else who thought it was a big deal. I only play with the overhead view (once I tried it I could never go back to any of the others) and am pissed when the NC game is in the Sugar Bowl and the SEC /Big 12 Champ Games are in the dome as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »