Home

do you use scouting in recruting ?

This is a discussion on do you use scouting in recruting ? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2004, 10:24 PM   #1
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12
do you use scouting in recruting ?

I just got done with recruiting coming off a national championship year and signed 6 five stars and 11 four stars. i didn't use any scouting of the players just used the points to recruit them. I know it checks the stats of the guy and descpline and stuff but seems like you would be better off not scouting unless the player is 3 or 2 star. I also notcied it cost a lot to scout someone unless he is from your own state. So i was wondering in what cases does everyone use scouting?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2004, 10:50 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: do you use scouting in recruting ?

I don't, I need all the recruting points I can get. I'll take the risk that the original scouting is off a little.
Old 08-10-2004, 11:28 PM   #3
All Star

OVR: 21

I dont use it.
Old 08-11-2004, 03:59 AM   #4
MVP

XboxRocks1991's Arena

OVR: 14

Just for the heck of it and/or curiosity I sometimes check out the top recruits in my state (I play as Da Longhorns) so I have some of the best every year.

AIM-NextGenHotShot
Old 08-11-2004, 04:02 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

i don't... because i usually only have 125 points for each week. one player can cost upwards of 30. so i recruit guys only in needed position.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2004, 07:27 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyHoppIII
i don't... because i usually only have 125 points for each week. one player can cost upwards of 30. so i recruit guys only in needed position.
I just got done with recruiting, well yesterday, after year 1 with Miss St. I went 11-2 losing to LSU(45-14) and Pitt(31-14) in the Sugar Bowl. I won Coach of the Year also. I set my budget as Discipline: 30, Training: 40, and Recruiting: 30. I did it this way because I remembered someone on another board saying that they had a small recruiting class but the team really improved during training because they had most of the budget set for that. My team though, stayed the same letter grade wise. I was at a loss for points during week 1 because I had to convince 91 Ovr FS Darren Williams not to go pro and the starting LT.

In week 1 I didn't recruit anyone at all, well almost. I scouted all the guys that I wanted to look at. I saw on another board where someone said that by scouting you are still essentially recruiting a guy. So, in week 1 I scout like crazy and then with any points I have left I will just throw them at some in-state kids or something. During all of the weeks after I try to bring em in. Most times, I find myself scouting before recruiting anyway, even in the later weeks. You know, to weed out discipline problems and to make sure a guys numbers are legit.

I managed to get 13 players, most defense, and had the #11 recruiting class. I think that was excellent with only 13 guys being brought in.

Take all of this with a grain of salt as I only had 3 need spots to fill.

Last edited by NoleFan; 08-11-2004 at 07:29 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »