Home

After all this, is it worth it?

This is a discussion on After all this, is it worth it? within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-11-2004, 08:50 AM   #1
Rookie

GaryM05's Arena

OVR: 2
After all this, is it worth it?

I've been a big of NCAA for the past 2 years. Always bought on release day, always played through multiple dynasties. I've held out this year, though, and all of the early negativity has me questioning whether I should pick up the game (PS2 version.)

Is it fundamentally broken, or are there just some differences from last year/niggling flaws to get used to?

With college football season fast approaching, I just can't see myself without NCAA 2005, but I don't want to pick it up and realize that the various problems (dropped wide-open passes, superhuman DBs, etc.) make it unenjoyable.

I can handle a game that's different and takes some adjusting to. I can't handle a game that is fundamentally broken. So what's the verdict? Have those of you still playing it adjusted to it's characteristics, or do you think it would be better to just save the $50 and keep playing last year's game? Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2004, 10:09 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: After all this, is it worth it?

I would rent it, use some slider settings and decide..

To some the issues aren't bothersome but others find them real bad.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:28 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 8

I love the game, none of the problems bother me at all.
Old 08-11-2004, 11:47 AM   #4
Rookie

Quack1's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm not seeing any huge problems either. I'm using some set of sliders found here (not sure who's) and things seem just fine to me.

I'm playing as Oregon and I'm currently 7-2 with a road loss at Oklahoma and a home loss to (ugh) Arizona. The first few games were a little tough getting the passing game going but I'm pretty good at it now. IRL the Oregon QB, Kellen Clemens is considered one of the top 3 or 4 QBs in the conf. and that's about where he is in my dynasty. He was out for the Arizona game and my back up is Johnny DuRocher, a RS-FR. In the game he looked good at times and very bad at times, that's why we lost.

I've had some dropped passes but not anywhere near enough to make me think that it was unrealistic. Through nine games I have seen maybe 6 to 8 crazy catches by a WR who was well covered, but those plays DO happen in college football.

The only thing that didn't feel right so far was that I smacked Nebraska in Lincoln by 45 in my second game.

The number one issue for me last year was that Heisman just had too many BS cheat plays to keep the game close and AA was too damn easy.

So far this year I have had many more close games and more scores like 31-28 or 35-24 rather than 65-10 and 55-6.

I like the game to be more challenging without having to resort to CPU "cheat" plays.

So far so good.

Last edited by Quack1; 08-11-2004 at 12:07 PM.
Old 08-11-2004, 01:12 PM   #5
Rookie

SnakeEyez's Arena

OVR: 6

It's still a great game.

But find some good sliders or you'll become bored.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »