Home

Wow! Turning off HFA...

This is a discussion on Wow! Turning off HFA... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2004, 09:12 PM   #57
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Wow! Turning off HFA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDeuce
OK, I tried this, playing on AA with Jistic's sliders. Auburn (CPU) @ Ole Miss (Me). I won 30-7.

I noticed a real difference when I was passing! I was 18-28 for 193 yards. It was so nice to be able to throw short passes, even drags, and be reasonably certain of a completion when the WR is open. This is just bizarre, why would turning off HFA help me pass better when I'm already playing at home?

The bad thing was it didn't help the CPU. In fact, it was the worst CPU passing performance I've ever seen (which is saying something with this game). Auburn's QB was 3-21. Ouch. Just one game though, I'm going to keep trying w/o HFA. It definitely helped my passing, maybe this was an aberration.

How can the CPU, on AA with passing and catch sliders way in its favor, go 3-21 against an inferior team when HFA isn't even a factor? The game is broken. Why some of you won't admit it is beyond me.

Then quit playing it. Go do something that makes you happy. BTW - if this years game is "broken" then every other football game I ever played is broken too.
Old 08-14-2004, 09:20 PM   #58
Pro

DoubleDeuce's Arena

OVR: 6

Sigh...here we go again. Look dude I don't expect a perfect game. But I don't think it's too much to expect the CPU AI to be able to move the ball on the higher difficulty levels with sliders in their favor. That is just a basic requirement.

I'm still playing this game because I love college football, there's no alternative, and it has been my favorite game each of the last 3 years. I keep trying to enjoy it. That's why I come here and read helpful threads like this one. Then I post my observations on the latest technique people have come up with to make the game more playable. I'm going to continue to do that.

Thanks for the advice about how to spend my time. That's very helpful and adds a lot to this thread.
Old 08-14-2004, 09:22 PM   #59
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

Quote:
Sigh...here we go again. Look dude I don't expect a perfect game. But I don't think it's too much to expect the CPU AI to be able to move the ball on the higher difficulty levels with sliders in their favor. That is just a basic requirement.

I'm still playing this game because I love college football, there's no alternative, and it has been my favorite game each of the last 3 years. I keep trying to enjoy it. That's why I come here and read helpful threads like this one. Then I post my observations on the latest technique people have come up with to make the game more playable. I'm going to continue to do that.

Thanks for the advice about how to spend my time. That's very helpful and adds a lot to this thread.

So does the constant complaining and crying about every game that ever comes out. Stop playing a broken game. There are better things in life.
Old 08-14-2004, 09:26 PM   #60
Pro

DoubleDeuce's Arena

I'm sorry, I thought this was a forum to discuss NCAA Football 2005. I guess it's not. My bad.

What should I do tomorrow? I was thinking about mowing the lawn, do you think that would be a waste of time?
Old 08-14-2004, 09:29 PM   #61
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

Quote:
I'm sorry, I thought this was a forum to discuss NCAA Football 2005. I guess it's not. My bad.

What should I do tomorrow? I was thinking about mowing the lawn, do you think that would be a waste of time?

It would be better than wasting time playing a broken game.

Complaining, pout, cry, != discuss.

Off topic.

Locked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2004, 09:49 PM   #62
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

I am going to unlock this. This thread might actualy help some people enjoy the game more.

If you want to complaing about something, do it elsewhere. Don't do it in this thread.

Unlocked.
Old 08-14-2004, 09:54 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 5

I'm not sure what to think....

I've turned off HFA and the Vanderbilt QB started the game 5-5 for over 100 yards against my ZONE defense. (I was using USC) The QB AI then went 0-11 and finished the game 11-41 for over 200 yards passing... ugh.

Not sure if this is a 'fix' or not...
Old 08-14-2004, 09:55 PM   #64
Pro

DoubleDeuce's Arena

All I'm doing is reporting the results I had using the technique described in the thread. The results were helpful for me, not so much for the CPU. Honestly, I don't think I'm out of line saying that the CPU should do better than 3-21 on AA with all of the relevant sliders strongly in its favor. I apologize for any rules I may have broken.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »