Home

Trying to make dynasty mode better. Need opinions.

This is a discussion on Trying to make dynasty mode better. Need opinions. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2017, 01:21 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Trying to make dynasty mode better. Need opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehardknoxlife
Sample

Here's what I have so far.

It checks the recruits star rating then will roll a chance to randomly lower the stat(within a set range) based on how high the rating is. Numbers will have to be tweaked to try to flatten out the mid to low rated players of course. In theory it should keep all the high rated 3* players in tact mostly but lower the others. Right now it's set to leave all the 4 and 5 star players alone. Will need testing for sure.
Yeah but even then, 6-star programs are just recycling 90 overall talent every year. I'm an Ohio State fan, and it got boring to just play with the same rated players every year. Sure, Ohio State reloads. But last year, for instance, our offensive line was poor and our receivers were really bad. Should have been a bunch of guys in the low 80s, minus Samuel, even though some were upper-classmen. In this game, all would be 90s just based on being in the program 3 years.
Old 10-07-2017, 11:35 AM   #10
Rookie

The Gunslinger's Arena

OVR: 9

Something that you could do, but it may only be applicable in your first year, is "add in" the new bowl games that were introduced after NCAA FB 14 by playing each game in Play Now. I mentioned you may be only able to do this during your first year because of the rosters.

Here's just a couple of those missing bowls you could add along with the tie ins and location:

Cure Bowl: AAC vs. Sun Belt (Orlando,FL) (Citrus Bowl)

Camellia Bowl: MAC vs. Sun Belt (Montgomery, AL)

Boca Raton Bowl: AAC vs. C-USA (Boca Raton, FL) (FAU Stadium)

Frisco Bowl: AAC vs. At-large (Frisco, TX)

Bahamas Bowl: C-USA vs. MAC (Nassau, BS)

NOVA Home Loans Arizona Bowl: C-USA vs. MWC (Tuscon, AZ) (Arizona Stadium)
Old 10-15-2017, 08:22 PM   #11
MVP

young22's Arena

OVR: 0

I do gems/busts in the offseason. I roll a die, and one number is gems, other is busts. For instance, this past offseason, I got 6 gems, 5 busts. I then use a random number generator to determine who's who, and a gem gets 25 attribute points I can spend, and I have to deduct 25 for a bust.

I also have an injury/suspension system I found on here, and certain guys have "character issues" that give them a higher chance of suspension.

The only house rule I have is that I can't abuse the good players that go unrecruited. I might sign 2-3 a year, but it's not the 5 stars, it'll be 3-4 star guys. Other than that, nothing cause I hate house rules.

Last thing I'd recommend is using J-kits sliders. I use a slightly modified version, and they're tough. In year 5 with my teambuilder team, we're an 88 overall. We had to come back from down 21 against Troy, then dominated Mid Tennessee State 37-3, and then came back down 14 at Ohio State. I get great variety, every year I seem to fall in at least 1 trap game.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »