Home

Need your football iq's fellas

This is a discussion on Need your football iq's fellas within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-12-2004, 06:36 PM   #9
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Need your football iq's fellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthHusker
These are good pieces of advice -- particularly the bit about disguising coverages. ... My two cents: consider making your standard defense the 3-4, or at least using it often. The 3-4 normally features a blitzing LB, and it's hard for the offensive player to correctly guess which one is coming. Also, blitzing a LB in the 3-4 does not involve a major sacrifice in pass coverage. On the negative side, I find the 3-4 to be really feeble against the inside running game -- watch out for a change of strategy here. Good luck!
If you do that, be sure to recruit different type of defensive tackles and ends. You need an extremely strong DT and run-stuffing, strong DEs rather than the speed rushers everyone here seems to want at end (not me, primarily). When I run 3-4, I sub two DTs in for the DEs, as the OLBs act as the pass rushers. Whatever you do, be creative; make him do the guessing.
Old 08-12-2004, 06:50 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Need your football iq's fellas

I agree Shortsoldier. The 3-4 demands some serious hogs on the line. In fact, I think it requires a different brand of thinking on defense altogether -- as well as a fair amount of practice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »