Home

Starting A New Dynasty - What Is a "Must Do"?

This is a discussion on Starting A New Dynasty - What Is a "Must Do"? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2017, 11:49 AM   #17
Pro

Dj2360's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Starting A New Dynasty - What Is a "Must Do"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1zzo23
One of the things I was going to do when simming from 2013 to 2017 was to take a lay of the land and see which teams are overperforming in a lower conference and decide whether or not they deserve to find their way into a Power 5. I think in your case, San Diego State is definitely deserving of a Pac-12 invite and makes complete sense. I'm also of the ilk that if a Cinderella story happens I'm not going to artificially change it by making them lose. I also don't run an 8-team playoff so it's more difficult for a Cinderella to make it into the playoff. Fixing the bowl tie-ins could also be a good way to get lower teams into the BCS games.

Adding Notre Dame, Army and Navy to the AAC seems to make a lot of sense, but I'm not sure about Virginia Tech. Since I'll be playing in the ACC with UNC, I would hate to lose a conference power. Who did you replace VTech with in the ACC? Also, who did you end up moving into the Big XII to get it back up to 12 teams?

Love these ideas though. Keep them coming!

How much has this effected the injuries when it comes to simming games across the country? My fear when it comes to lowering injury ratings for players like that is that CPU teams will get decimated with injuries while my team won't see nearly as many (this always happens anyways) because my games will be played out.
I actually guess I did the ACC dirty because I swapped VTech with Rutgers. But the reality is Georgia Tech always becomes a power, so them, along with Miami, FSU, and Clem are powers in my ACC. Occasionally Maryland will have a good season too. Same with UNC.

In the BigXII I added SMU and Houston to their original 10. Now they have 12. Split with
North: Kansas, KState, Oklahoma, OkState, West Virginia, Iowa State.
South: Texas, TCU, Baylor, SMU, Houston, T-Tech.

In my above Dynasty I actually run the BCS System, because I want this dynasty to last many years... Using the editor, by year 2020+ you start to get a wierd "Duplicate key" glitch, and cant use the editor.

Last edited by Dj2360; 10-26-2017 at 11:51 AM.
Old 10-27-2017, 01:48 AM   #18
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by young22
I always lower coach progression to slow.
Absolutely, agree 100%, and glad I did this too.
Old 10-27-2017, 04:36 PM   #19
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
Absolutely, agree 100%, and glad I did this too.
I've decided to do the same for my new dynasty. I want the elite coaches to stand out over the lower coaches.
Old 10-27-2017, 05:11 PM   #20
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

Quote:
I've decided to do the same for my new dynasty. I want the elite coaches to stand out over the lower coaches.
I just remembered another piece of advice. At the end of each season before you advance to the off-season make sure and delete all of your custom position changes.

You've probably heard this before but just in case if you don't do this it will reduce the number of custom position changes you can make the next season until you delete them all at the end of a given season.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Old 10-27-2017, 09:01 PM   #21
Rookie

timtime's Arena

Quote:
Alright, I've got the itch to play some NCAA again. I'm still playing and enjoying Madden 18 right now but I always come back to the college game. With that said, this is what I know I will be doing to start my new dynasty:

Mods: I plan on utilizing mjavon's Dynamic Dynasty Tool to get better generated recruit names, appearances and numbers. Also utilizing Skulletor's team builder dynasty editor for some of his newer features should be a lot of fun as well.

What else did I miss? What else should I be doing to keep this as realistic as possible?!? I love this game and can't wait to get back into it!
How do I use this mod? I don't know how to covert to csv or whatever file is needed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2017, 11:42 AM   #22
Pro

Arrowhead29's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
I just remembered another piece of advice. At the end of each season before you advance to the off-season make sure and delete all of your custom position changes.

You've probably heard this before but just in case if you don't do this it will reduce the number of custom position changes you can make the next season until you delete them all at the end of a given season.

Huh? There's no limit on position changes. Am I misunderstanding what you're trying to say?
Old 10-29-2017, 12:47 PM   #23
Rookie

Hellisan is thinking of Formation Subs
Old 10-29-2017, 02:50 PM   #24
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead29
Huh? There's no limit on position changes. Am I misunderstanding what you're trying to say?
Oops. Yeah sorry, formation subs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »