Home

mjavon's Dynamic Dynasty Tool

This is a discussion on mjavon's Dynamic Dynasty Tool within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2018, 05:37 PM   #129
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: mjavon's Dynamic Dynasty Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjavon
Here is the source code for the app, so you can run it locally on your PC (probably won't work on a Mac, but I don't know).

The instructions for how to run are in the OP.
Mike, you da man. Muchos gracias for sharing this. It looks like a great tool. I've installed it and have been playing with it fine. A couple things that have my curiosity:

1. How did you arrive at the names in the Dominant Names CSV?

2. Can I add and delete names from the dominant Names CSV without breaking anything?
2b. Would adding names yield any benefit? I guess The answer to that might be tied to the answer to question 1.

3. How did you come up with the default percentage for suffixes?

4. How did you arrive at the default percentage for hyphenated names?

Great work.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Operation Sports mobile app

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Toronto Raptors
CFL: Toronto Argonauts
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Basketball: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes
Old 01-08-2018, 05:42 PM   #130
MVP

mjavon's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlyCane
Mike, you da man. Muchos gracias for sharing this. It looks like a great tool. I've installed it and have been playing with it fine. A couple things that have my curiosity:

1. How did you arrive at the names in the Dominant Names CSV?

2. Can I add and delete names from the dominant Names CSV without breaking anything?
2b. Would adding names yield any benefit? I guess The answer to that might be tied to the answer to question 1.

3. How did you come up with the default percentage for suffixes?

4. How did you arrive at the default percentage for hyphenated names?

Great work.

1. I used the 2016 (I think?) community roster and if a given first name was >90 % dark/light skinned, and there were more than 5 instances of the name, it got added to this list. Then on top of that I just added some of my own to it that just made sense.

2. As long as you make sure you don't make any duplicates, it should be fine.

3. Completely arbitrary

4. Also completely arbitrary, lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 01-08-2018, 06:26 PM   #131
Rookie

Thanks, my friend. This works great!

If I may ask a question or two, just out of curiosity, as I looked at the modules.R code and it does not seem very intuitive. Probably why I am not a programmer! lol

Let's say I wanted to do the following:

Look at the state of Hawai'i recruits and have a random percentage of them look to a file(s) with Hawaiian first and last names, and have it randomly choose a new name. Would that be something easily done?

Also, my fix for the military academies, to ensure only 4 years of play, is to make the full roster have a redshirt at the start of the season. Looks dumb, but it ensures four years. Could a module be added that looks at the team IDs of the the military academies and changes the Redshirt field to enable it?

If you don't feel like answering specific questions, I totally get it, but I figured I'd give it a shot.

Thanks again for creating this and letting us use it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2018, 01:43 PM   #132
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

Quote:
1. I used the 2016 (I think?) community roster and if a given first name was >90 % dark/light skinned, and there were more than 5 instances of the name, it got added to this list. Then on top of that I just added some of my own to it that just made sense.

2. As long as you make sure you don't make any duplicates, it should be fine.

3. Completely arbitrary

4. Also completely arbitrary, lol.

Here is some info that you and others may find helpful. I exported the 2017 community rosters, which had 8,832 players. Of those, 473 had a sufficient last name for a 1 in 18.67 ratio. 109 had a hyphenated last name for a 1 in 81.04 ratio.

I then ran the program using using 18 and 81 as my to values. The log showed 1 in 19.6 players having a suffix added, which is really good. I say good because I'm hoping for variance within a small range each time I run the program. I wouldn't want it to be exactly 1 in 18 every time. Interestingly enough the log showed 1 in 169 had a hyphen added. I wish the variance would be tighter in this one. Great program though. And hopefully those values help others using the program.

Old 01-15-2018, 01:49 PM   #133
MVP

mjavon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlyCane
Here is some info that you and others may find helpful. I exported the 2017 community rosters, which had 8,832 players. Of those, 473 had a sufficient last name for a 1 in 18.67 ratio. 109 had a hyphenated last name for a 1 in 81.04 ratio.

I then ran the program using using 18 and 81 as my to values. The log showed 1 in 19.6 players having a suffix added, which is really good. I say good because I'm hoping for variance within a small range each time I run the program. I wouldn't want it to be exactly 1 in 18 every time. Interestingly enough the log showed 1 in 169 had a hyphen added. I wish the variance would be tighter in this one. Great program though. And hopefully those values help others using the program.

Yes - one thing I should point out: there will almost always be a smaller proportion than was selected with a hyphen/suffix.

Reason being, the game's character limit is 14 (I think) for last names, so if a player is selected bybthe program for a hyphen/suffix, it checks of that makes it > 14 characters long, and cancels if that's the case.

Old 01-15-2018, 02:02 PM   #134
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

Quote:
Yes - one thing I should point out: there will almost always be a smaller proportion than was selected with a hyphen/suffix.

Reason being, the game's character limit is 14 (I think) for last names, so if a player is selected bybthe program for a hyphen/suffix, it checks of that makes it > 14 characters long, and cancels if that's the case.

Ha, that makes sense. In that case I think I'll make my values 17 and 50 respectively.

Old 01-15-2018, 02:18 PM   #135
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

Running some tests on a single recruiting class it looks like values of 17 and 40 yield results closest to the 2017 rosters.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2018, 03:59 PM   #136
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xToXiCxSAVAGEx
Does this work with teambuilder dynasties?
Unfortunately, this cannot work with Teambuilder teams because the Dynasty Editor hasn't been modified to do so. Only in the Generic Editor.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »