Home

mjavon's Dynamic Dynasty Tool

This is a discussion on mjavon's Dynamic Dynasty Tool within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2018, 12:00 PM   #201
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: mjavon's Dynamic Dynasty Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshrmlb
I’ve been trying to contact OP but his messages are full. We should try and make it simple and do a random 6 player random progression model. The tool will pick 6 random players from each team. There are 4 results that will occur.
1. Major reduction -6 to -2 points
2. Minor reduction -3 to 0 points
3. Slight improvement 1 to 3 points
4. Major improvement 3-6 points.

Thoughts? It will add some variance!
That's kinda the basic version of what I did in the system I mentioned earlier. The biggest difference is that I picked by position instead of team so there weren't as many to change. I also randomly assigned the types of changes instead of trying to improve the overall. I used Awareness, Physical, Position, and All/Random categories and a breakdown of 40/30/20/10 and then randomly paired each category with a weighting. It was also based on a number of attribute points. So a "major" would be 40 points, for example. If Joe Schmoe ended up drawing Awareness/All/Position/Physical, he'd get:
- 16 points added/subtracted from AWR
- 12 points +/- from any random attributes
- 8 points +/- from any position-specific attributes
- 4 points +/- from physical attributes (SPD, ACC, STR, etc)

That way, players develop differently and might even develop into a better fit for a different position.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2018, 06:19 PM   #202
MVP

joshrmlb's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodjer
That's kinda the basic version of what I did in the system I mentioned earlier. The biggest difference is that I picked by position instead of team so there weren't as many to change. I also randomly assigned the types of changes instead of trying to improve the overall. I used Awareness, Physical, Position, and All/Random categories and a breakdown of 40/30/20/10 and then randomly paired each category with a weighting. It was also based on a number of attribute points. So a "major" would be 40 points, for example. If Joe Schmoe ended up drawing Awareness/All/Position/Physical, he'd get:

- 16 points added/subtracted from AWR

- 12 points +/- from any random attributes

- 8 points +/- from any position-specific attributes

- 4 points +/- from physical attributes (SPD, ACC, STR, etc)

That way, players develop differently and might even develop into a better fit for a different position.

Did you do this for all teams in your dynasty, or just your team?
Old 11-15-2018, 12:02 PM   #203
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcor2
Figured I would just go ahead and post how I used this for the 360.

1. Save dynasty to flash drive.
2. Use Modio to find file on flash drive. (I have attached the version of modio I use. Some use newer versions or use horizon. I believe they should all be fairly similar in how they work.)
3. Using Modio save the file to 2 separate locations. I use two folders named default and edit.
4. Go wherever you saved the "edit" version and add the .mc02 extension.
5. Use the dynasty editor to open "edit" version. (I have attached the dynasty editor I use.)
6. Click on Recruits tab under Players.
7. Click on File then Export Table.
8. Use mjavon's Tool to import recruits. (I personally use 17 for suffix and 40 for hyphen and it seems to add a good realistic amount of each.)
9. Save the output from mjavon's tool.
10. Using Dynasty editor click on File then Import table. Import the saved table from mjavons tool you saved.
11. Save the file.
12. Go wherever you saved the "edit" version and remove the .mc02 extension. You simply just backspace the extension.
13. Open the hex editor, HxD. Open the "edit" file and then open the "default" file. (I have added a link for the hex editor.)
14. On the "default" file go to the second line 00000010. Highlight from 00 to 0B and right click and copy.
15. On the "edit" file go to the same line and highlight from 00 to 0B again. Right click and copy write. It should show up as red now. Save the "edit" file and it will turn black again.
16. Take the "edit" file and save it back to the flash drive using modio. You should be all set!

Steps 13-15 are what I missed before and why I could never get it to work right. Hopefully this helps people use this tool more because I know I really enjoy it and appreciate all the hard work mjavon put in to it!

https://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/ This is the link for HxD. That's the hex editor.
Oh man, I'll have to try this out again when I have some time. I was really hoping to use javon's stuff before but could never get the final product to work. I basically moved on to just generating new names for just the top 10 recruits in the country and any recruit that came to my team.

Edit: Ugh. Looks like I'm back to Modio not seeing anything on my USB besides name.txt.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

Last edited by Yeah...THAT Guy; 11-15-2018 at 05:31 PM.
Old 11-19-2018, 11:13 AM   #204
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshrmlb
Did you do this for all teams in your dynasty, or just your team?
I did it by position instead of team. I'd use a random number generator to select from 0-10 players at each position to do this. I figured it would save some time over doing every team. If I went the team route, I'd do it for everyone though. I might try doing a player or two on each team in my latest dynasty just to see how it goes. Considering the sheer number of players at each position, it might not save as much time as I think. Either way, I don't limit it to just my players.
Old 11-21-2018, 02:56 AM   #205
Pro

hardcor2's Arena

OVR: 2

Got a question for everyone. When you guys do the players leaving early what do you export? My problem I've run in to is that it changes players to leaving early but come the next season the players are still on the roster. So for example 99 rated rSO Johnny manziel gets changed to declaring 1st round...I import and on the console it says leaving...do the rest of off-season stuff and start next season... Johnny manziel is starting for Texas a&m again...I need to know which table under players to export...I'm using dynasty editor with purple logo...recruit edits work perfectly but I can't get the players leaving early to work
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2018, 05:29 PM   #206
Just started!

OVR: 0

So I've run into an issue with the players leaving phase on one particular season. I am getting this error message:

Error: replacement has 2 rows, data has 1

I am running the code locally and cannot find the reason for this error.
Old 12-01-2018, 07:29 PM   #207
Banned

OVR: 0

This is very cool.
Old 12-02-2018, 08:26 AM   #208
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Great stuff here! Does the editor and this tool work in an online dynasty?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »