Home

Weird BCS Rankings after Conference Champ Week

This is a discussion on Weird BCS Rankings after Conference Champ Week within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2017, 09:02 PM   #1
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17
Weird BCS Rankings after Conference Champ Week

Anyone ever have a 2 loss team, jump a 1 loss team? Navy beat Memphis in week 15 Memphis was ranked 2nd going into Week 15. Navy was ranked 6th going into week 15....It was Memphis only loss. I am Notre Dame and my only loss is to Memphis in Week 1....You think I got kinda jipped of being in the National Title game? Navy is in American Conf. and did not have a conference champ game. I actually beat Memphis on first try, but the results didn't save. We re-played it and I lost. Memphis is independent. Notre Dame is in ACC. I beat #13 Clemson 50-7 in the ACC Championship game.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image1.JPG (39.5 KB, 228 views)

Last edited by TN - BRAVES FAN; 11-25-2017 at 09:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2017, 11:32 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Weird BCS Rankings after Conference Champ Week

Yeah I think you did get screwed over... but what year of your dynasty were you in because that’s a very odd set of teams (ex. Georgia St., Army, Navy, Minnesota, Ect.)

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-26-2017, 12:28 AM   #3
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN - BRAVES FAN
Anyone ever have a 2 loss team, jump a 1 loss team? Navy beat Memphis in week 15 Memphis was ranked 2nd going into Week 15. Navy was ranked 6th going into week 15....It was Memphis only loss. I am Notre Dame and my only loss is to Memphis in Week 1....You think I got kinda jipped of being in the National Title game? Navy is in American Conf. and did not have a conference champ game. I actually beat Memphis on first try, but the results didn't save. We re-played it and I lost. Memphis is independent. Notre Dame is in ACC. I beat #13 Clemson 50-7 in the ACC Championship game.
I would say you kinda got screwed too, but I guess the reasoning is Navy was #6 and just beat #2, while you lost to #2 earlier in the year. So their reasoning might be You > Memphis > Navy, but if they were saying that was the case youd think theyd have Memphis still above you.
Old 11-26-2017, 12:42 AM   #4
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid1919
Yeah I think you did get screwed over... but what year of your dynasty were you in because that’s a very odd set of teams (ex. Georgia St., Army, Navy, Minnesota, Ect.)

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
We are in year 2021
Old 11-27-2017, 02:28 AM   #5
Rookie

Trojan32's Arena

Kind of related.

Year 2033, lose BCS championship to Air Force (PAC12 champions) 25-15 but my PSU team is UNANIMOUS #1 in Coaches and Media Poll.

We both finished 12-2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2017, 11:48 AM   #6
Pro

Dj2360's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan32
Kind of related.

Year 2033, lose BCS championship to Air Force (PAC12 champions) 25-15 but my PSU team is UNANIMOUS #1 in Coaches and Media Poll.

We both finished 12-2.
That is a bug. Every team remains the same ranking, not just 1 or 2. (I bet you were unanimous #1 before your game against Air Force, thats why) It has something to do with conference championship week. I hate that bug more than anything else in this game
Old 12-01-2017, 02:51 AM   #7
MVP

Kinda wack but I guess not entirely unrealistic. Eh. Definitely got an argument you were screwed. What was the score of Navy-Memphis?
Old 12-15-2017, 09:16 AM   #8
Rookie

Trojan32's Arena

Keeping track of my dynasty Top 25 (lol - actually 10) for the dynasty forum and noticed something really bizarre.

Notre Dame is ranked 3rd in BCS with 10-2 record. They lost to #1 and #5. They’re 1-2 versus ranked teams.

#5 is Navy and is 11-1 with a 5-1 record against ranked teams - including a win against Notre Dame.

The fact Navy is #5 and ND is #3 is wrong.

Last edited by Trojan32; 12-15-2017 at 09:19 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »