Home

Player rating progression

This is a discussion on Player rating progression within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2017, 10:12 PM   #1
Rookie

illab's Arena

OVR: 1
Player rating progression

Sorry if this has been answered or is obvious, but I wasn't clear if the players ratings from year to year were related at all to playing time or not. I'd always thought they were fairly random on the amount of points my player would improve each offseason but maybe I misunderstood it. Is there any reason to play my backups just increase their ratings down the line?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2017, 07:15 AM   #2
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Player rating progression

I don't think playing time/performance matters at all for offseason progression. guys usually get +4 to +5 in ovr with a few +6 and some +3
Old 09-16-2019, 10:00 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've been wondering the same thing but in a slightly different aspect. I don't know if it has been answered or not, but has someone done a "guide" on offseason player progression? I'm looking at it from a recruiting standpoint. For example, I know that certain player attributes progress faster than others over a players career, think quarterback throw accuracy vs. throw power, accuracy can progress upwards of 20 points or more over four or five years, where throw power might only increase 4 or 5 points total. Another example is with offensive linemen, run block and pass block progress way faster than impact blocking does.

Has anyone done a full work up of what attributes progress faster for the different positions? Are you better off recruiting a linebacker with better speed, agility, acceleration stats rather than tackling stats because the tackling stats will progress faster over the players career? etc. etc. etc.
Old 10-04-2019, 08:55 PM   #4
Rookie

Sneakyfast's Arena

So based on the what I've seen a lot of the attributes on speed only goes up 1 or 3 a year while tackling can go up anywhere between 1-5.
Old 10-07-2019, 06:55 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakyfast
So based on the what I've seen a lot of the attributes on speed only goes up 1 or 3 a year while tackling can go up anywhere between 1-5.
My experience is physical ability like speed and strength go up just a point a year while things like blocking, tackling and catch go up more. That's why I recruit to physical ability more than the other stuff.
Old 10-07-2019, 08:34 PM   #6
Pro

I use this quite a bit: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...breakdown.html

It's for '13, but I find that it holds pretty true for '14 as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »