Home

Mid major problem still there?

This is a discussion on Mid major problem still there? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2004, 11:23 PM   #1
Pro

Dauminator's Arena

OVR: 5
Mid major problem still there?

I'm only in my third season, but it doesn't seem like the mid-major problem is there, at least not like it was. I've had a couple issues like Western Michigan got the #3 recruiting class after going like 11-1 or something like that. But so far I have yet to see a single mid-major ever ranked in the top 25. For people who have played farther into their dynasties: does the mid-major problem appear for you?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2004, 11:38 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Mid major problem still there?

yes it is back and better than ever unfortunately. im in year 7 and air force, northern illinois, and utep are all 5 star programs and on their way to becoming perennial championship contenders. i mean what is this the 4th year of this and they still haven't fixed it?
Old 08-13-2004, 11:44 PM   #3
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18

In my FSU I am in year 2009 and not one non-BCS school has played for the NC. I think in one year TCU did make a BCS game having gone undefeated but their BCS ranking was 3rd. They were ranked 1st in both polls but LSU won the Coaches poll while TCU won the AP poll after the bowl games were played out. Following that up, TCU only had the #11 recruiting class and have not made a splash on the national scene since. Some people may experience different results but the UNT's and AF's are having a tougher time cracking the BCS this year. Having nonBCS schools finish ranked in the top 15 is something that does happen from time to time so that is not a problem when it happens in the game.
Old 08-14-2004, 12:21 AM   #4
Rookie

Dkrause's Arena

OVR: 2

I see still, my feeling has always been that a non bcs team should never be able to be more than a 3-4 star team and/or that the conference pestige should counting for more in recuiting. A team like Illinois from the big ten should never have to settle for a 1 star player but a crapload of 2 and 3's if they are a bad big ten school. The Wisconsins would be 3-4s and Michigans mainly 4s and some 5's. A North Texas can go 10-1 but i still think 1-3 should still be the players they get with maybe 1-2 4's in there for the record they had. just my opinion on what i would like to see tested out.

Don
Old 08-14-2004, 05:40 PM   #5
Banned

Kentucky3D's Arena

OVR: 6

the CPU recuiting is what is all screwed up. I simulated the mid-major games so none of their teams had more than 7 wins. Yet after I finished recruiting I noticed that quite of few of them were in the top 25 in recruiting including Florida International which went 3-8 on the season (they finished at #21). Basically presige and wins and losses means nothing in cpu recruiting as the teams who had the best classes of the mid-majors were the Sun Belt teams and Lousiana Tech. I think the developers all went to mid-majors and that is why they are all over-rated in the game ratings and they seem to have a huge boost in recruiting that the major schools don't get. At least in 2004, there weren't these kind of recruiting problems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2004, 10:12 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

You guys would complain if the big schools got all the recruits........."why do only big schools get the recruits??" LOL...EA can't win for losing..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »