Home

Changing Audbiles on the Fly

This is a discussion on Changing Audbiles on the Fly within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2004, 07:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Changing Audbiles on the Fly

New to NCAA Football 2005 is the ability to change audibles on the fly. The premise is to change up to three audibles during a game from the Play Call screen. According to the XBox instruction manual you hold down the L and R triggers and then press X, A, or B to set the highlighted play to the corresponding button.

Has anyone been able to get this to work? Nothing seems to happen for me when I hold down the trigger buttons at the play calling screen. What am I doing wrong? Also, does this only temporarily overwrite your audibles or does it permanently change them?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2004, 07:59 PM   #2
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Changing Audbiles on the Fly

Yeah it works but you are not going to hear or see it do anything. If you want to make sure it worked go into the pause menu and you will see that they changed. It is also permanent for the remainder of that game unless changed again.
Old 08-14-2004, 08:04 PM   #3
Rookie

OK. Thanks for the reply. I do have one other question. How do you know which play is highlighted? Because when you are on the Play Calling screen the entire three plays that are displayed are highlighted. There isn't one single play highlighted (like when you ask Corso).
Old 08-14-2004, 08:08 PM   #4
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18

Well it only shows the 3 plays so you have the corresponding plays to chose from to set your audbiles. A, B, X + L & R will set it to that button. So you press L&R+A on the play call screen will give you that play as your audible A during gameplay(X then A) You still have your L and R triggers but the A, B, X are the ones you can change on the fly.
Old 08-14-2004, 10:49 PM   #5
Rookie

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification. For the life of me I couldn't get this to work. I simply didn't realize that it was working behind the scenes.

Thanks again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2004, 09:12 AM   #6
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

I forgot all about this feature, thanks for reminding me!

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 08-15-2004, 11:44 AM   #7
Rookie

Yeah, this is a great asset to virtual offensive coordinators. I've used it in my last couple of games and it is a night and day difference. The only downside is the fact that you can't flip a play. If you set a flipped-play audible on the fly the offense will run the original version.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »