Home

Question for coach mode users

This is a discussion on Question for coach mode users within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2018, 12:40 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Question for coach mode users

What type of QB do you prefer? For the first time I recently tried a scrambling QB but he is too quick to run and frequently gets sacked as a result. If you use a running QB do you roll him out to give him space to run if he decides not to pass?

I'd like to keep this guy because he is a good passer but takes too many negative plays with his running.

Also is there an attribute threshold at which the QB will pull it down and run? For example if he is 70 speed will he run but not at 50 or 60?
Old 01-04-2018, 12:44 PM   #2
Pro

souljahbill's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Question for coach mode users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
What type of QB do you prefer? For the first time I recently tried a scrambling QB but he is too quick to run and frequently gets sacked as a result. If you use a running QB do you roll him out to give him space to run if he decides not to pass?

I'd like to keep this guy because he is a good passer but takes too many negative plays with his running.

Also is there an attribute threshold at which the QB will pull it down and run? For example if he is 70 speed will he run but not at 50 or 60?

I use balanced for that very reason but I keep a scrambler as backup to run option plays and short yardage near the goal line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-04-2018, 03:58 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

In our online dynasty we edit all scramblers to make them balanced. That way they are still a threat to run, but don't self sack themselves 5 times a game. This is any QB on user teams or the team you are facing that given week. Usually you just have to knock their strength up just a bit and then they are balanced.

― Plato
Old 01-04-2018, 06:11 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
In our online dynasty we edit all scramblers to make them balanced. That way they are still a threat to run, but don't self sack themselves 5 times a game. This is any QB on user teams or the team you are facing that given week. Usually you just have to knock their strength up just a bit and then they are balanced.
That might answer my next question. From your answer I'm guessing the labels assigned to players like pocket passer, scrambler, balanced, hard hitter, run stopper are simply a reflection of that player's attributes and there is no hidden AI which causes them to perform that way.
Old 01-05-2018, 06:59 AM   #5
Rookie

Jeremy7679's Arena

OVR: 18

A Scrambler really doesn't fit what I do. I run a Mike Leach Air Raid, so no option plays. I only recruit pocket passers because I hate when my QB takes off running. They usually get sacked for a loss no matter how fast they are. When I first take over a school, I will bench a scrambler in favor of a pocket passer even if there is a 10-point difference in overall.
2013: Memphis (OC) 11-2, 7-1 AAC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2018, 02:52 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
That might answer my next question. From your answer I'm guessing the labels assigned to players like pocket passer, scrambler, balanced, hard hitter, run stopper are simply a reflection of that player's attributes and there is no hidden AI which causes them to perform that way.
Correct.

It is just a quick glance of what they are strongest at more or less, but not completely accurate. For example, some WRs have such bad ball skills that they are considered speed guys despite 80 speed.

― Plato
Old 01-05-2018, 03:15 PM   #7
MVP

Another question - what pre snap adjustments if any do you make? I'm talking about L1, R1 and triangle defensive adjustments to shift DL, LB & DB.
Old 01-06-2018, 01:28 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

All that it allows. I don't limit myself there. I shift my front 7 around nearly every play based on alignment and tendencies.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »