Home

The Game Outside of the Game - Issues and How to Fix Them

This is a discussion on The Game Outside of the Game - Issues and How to Fix Them within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2018, 07:38 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: The Game Outside of the Game - Issues and How to Fix Them

Started 0-3 at Ohio, went on to win 11 straight (many of which being really competitive, including a 2 point win over Buffalo, and some blowouts; a good mix of results), finishing with a MAC championship & a GoDaddy bowl win. All in-game issues that really bothered me are fixed and this has already been one of the most fun dynasties I've had in years.

Decided to take the HC job at K-State, mostly out of my desire to test this setup against tougher competition more regularly than what the MAC schedule could offer. So far, so good - first game is a last second hail mary loss to Texas A&M in the Cowboys Kickoff, 52-49. Lead changes occurred many times throughout the game, including 3 in the final two minutes.

Injuries: A tale of two seasons already. Season 1 at Ohio - no major injuries to speak of, just in-game stuff here and there. Season 1, Game 1 at K-State - Lose my #2 WR for 6 weeks with a dislocated elbow.

Last edited by Tuscaloosa; 01-14-2018 at 10:19 PM.
Old 01-15-2018, 04:43 PM   #18
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

For you guys that are curious, go into the thread labeled "enjoying the game 3 years later" and I have a bunch of posts of my games at the end of the thread on how removing the skill trees and turning off fatigue has absolutely transformed the game.

Here is how it goes:

pros:
-CPU is competent from whistle to whistle
-they stay aggressive at all times
-if you make a mistake, they WILL make you pay for it
-their defense is no slouch...you have to make sure you're paying attention at all times
-more injuries
-more shootouts and crazy finishes

cons:
-no subbing due to fatigue

The only thing with fatigue off is, I'd rather have it off than on because it is over-powered for CPU. There is no slider to change how it affects the game, so it is the lesser of 2 evils. Leaving fatigue on makes the game super easy and makes the CPU play extremely weak in 4th quarters.

Also removing all skill trees for user controlled coaches/teams makes the game even more tough as well. Try it out guys!

Old 01-16-2018, 09:26 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 13

Wandering thought, but I've been actually pondering the idea of actually having seperate slider sets for each conference you play in... Like a specific set for ACC, SEC, MAC, etc. Mainly this thought comes from the wide range of conferences I play in using a single slider set, and how differently each conference game seems to play out.

IE for this idea, for SEC, make the defense tighter for both CPU/HUM, and in a Big 12 set, make the defense weaker and easier passing offense, etc.
Old 01-17-2018, 12:45 PM   #20
MVP

mm boost's Arena

one additional pro i will add to having fatigue off....CPU run game is definitely formidable. Every season, my run defense is always #1. This season, they are ranked #80 (with fatigue off). We allowed 293 yards and 4 tds to Brandon Schaab from 0-3 UNC in our major upset this season. It is a struggle every game to keep the CPU under 150 yards rushing now. Which, is a lot more realistic for college ball.

Old 01-17-2018, 04:26 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
one additional pro i will add to having fatigue off....CPU run game is definitely formidable. Every season, my run defense is always #1. This season, they are ranked #80 (with fatigue off). We allowed 293 yards and 4 tds to Brandon Schaab from 0-3 UNC in our major upset this season. It is a struggle every game to keep the CPU under 150 yards rushing now. Which, is a lot more realistic for college ball.
this is imo my favorite thing of having fatigue off. even if they're down in the second half, they still run the ball and try to keep balanced, which makes you wonder if there's some sort of fatigue bug that keeps the CPU from running so much in the second half when you have fatigue on. becomes night and day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2018, 04:35 PM   #22
MVP

mm boost's Arena

That is exactly what it is. Fatigue is over-powered, forcing the cpu to become one dimensional and allowing the user controlled team to shut them down. You can absolutely tell it right away once fatigue is off. I have the CPU running ALL OVER me even in the 4th quarter if they are losing.

Old 01-17-2018, 08:02 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
That is exactly what it is. Fatigue is over-powered, forcing the cpu to become one dimensional and allowing the user controlled team to shut them down. You can absolutely tell it right away once fatigue is off. I have the CPU running ALL OVER me even in the 4th quarter if they are losing.
You guys are spot on. Another thing I've noticed is the amount of fumbles I now have and how realistic they look. I'm not sure whether it's Fatigue Off, No Skill Trees, or the combination of the two. I suspect it's mostly Fatigue Off because of how powerful the CPU hits look, which is why I say they look realistic. Big hits from star players who no longer have their energy penalized at a rate faster than the USER's players. The sack fumbles I've had against me have looked incredible.
Old 01-18-2018, 02:28 PM   #24
MVP

mm boost's Arena

I agree 100%. You don't have random bone-headed fumbles. They take place more realistically and I am legit getting WHALLOPED by the CPU defense on a lot of plays. Makes it a lot more fun and realistic.

Another thing I noticed is how much it has weakened the user running game. I have to fight, scratch, and claw to break 100 yards with one back. I am running a 3-headed monster this year (Leyton Cheney, Wade Duquesne, and Taylor Goss) mixed with Ja'Mez Whitlow running the option, and usually combined I will barely break 200 yards. I've had some games this season where no single guy has broken 50 yards. It makes it a true chess match with fatigue off. Game keeps getting better and better the more I play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »