Home

The Game Outside of the Game - Issues and How to Fix Them

This is a discussion on The Game Outside of the Game - Issues and How to Fix Them within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2018, 12:47 AM   #33
Rookie

CKeppelrun's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: The Game Outside of the Game - Issues and How to Fix Them

play on heisman w/ default sliders

never had much of an issue with gameplay. always felt when sliders were adjusted it became a little imbalanced.

coach and coordinator skills can make a huge difference once maxed out too.
Old 01-25-2018, 12:50 AM   #34
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbigmike
Instead of turning injuries off I would drastically lower your players injury ratings.
I have never edited player attributes. I think it would become a rabbit hole, for me. One thing would lead to another, then another... I respect those who can find a stopping point though.

When you guys do this, do you see significant impacts, primarily in skill positions? That seems to be where the CPU really gets cheated. I just had my only snoozer all year, in my bowl game , because LSU's QB was out for the season. Now that I think about it, the CPU's injury rate might be quite excessive at times. I always just thought about the USER's lack of injuries. I would find myself just as inclined to edit all of the CPU's players up. Now there I go, rabbit hole lol.
Old 01-25-2018, 12:56 AM   #35
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKeppelrun
play on heisman w/ default sliders

never had much of an issue with gameplay. always felt when sliders were adjusted it became a little imbalanced.

coach and coordinator skills can make a huge difference once maxed out too.
You're lucky. Most of us have to put in quite a bit of work to create a playable game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2018, 12:40 PM   #36
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

^ yeah fatigue off and coach perks removed is what did it for me. I used to beat every team I played by 40-50 points a game and didn't lose but 8 games in 14 seasons with 8 national championships. Now in my first full season, I have lost 4 games and will not be playing for the conference championship for the first time in any season.

Old 01-25-2018, 10:56 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
I have never edited player attributes. I think it would become a rabbit hole, for me. One thing would lead to another, then another... I respect those who can find a stopping point though.

When you guys do this, do you see significant impacts, primarily in skill positions? That seems to be where the CPU really gets cheated. I just had my only snoozer all year, in my bowl game , because LSU's QB was out for the season. Now that I think about it, the CPU's injury rate might be quite excessive at times. I always just thought about the USER's lack of injuries. I would find myself just as inclined to edit all of the CPU's players up. Now there I go, rabbit hole lol.
Understandable. It could lead down a rabbit hole. For me, it can vary season to season, but basically every year I have at least 2-3 long term in juries (greater than 5 weeks) with some being season ending.
Old 01-25-2018, 11:51 PM   #38
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbigmike
Understandable. It could lead down a rabbit hole. For me, it can vary season to season, but basically every year I have at least 2-3 long term in juries (greater than 5 weeks) with some being season ending.
That sounds like it would be on par with the number of injuries I'm seeing out of many of the CPU teams. I had one six week injury in 3 seasons with my new setup. I was really disappointed with this because of how I had read posts from jbrew, mm boost and others about seeing increased injuries with fatigue off. I might have to cut them back on and give it 5-6 seasons overall, just in case 3 isn't a big enough sample size, because there were other teams that didn't have any when I would check. I very well may resort to editing rosters one day, but I'd rather not. Not because I don't take your guys' word for it, but because I just feel like I'm doing something wrong lol. It's some weird mental hang-up I have.
Old 01-26-2018, 10:10 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
coach perks removed
I've heard this here and there, but have never committed to it, mainly because my whole thing is if the CPU does it, there's no reason why I shouldn't. I just set my coaching progression to SLOWEST, which in my experience nets you only 2 to 4 points total over the course of an entire season (and that same progression system also applies to other CPU coaches, not just you.)

However that's the thing, I DON'T do what the CPU can't. Such as call excessive audibles or hot routes and in-game things like that. Once I've picked my play, I have to stick to it, even if pre-snap it looks boned. Because really, you can see that all the time in football.

Only thing I've ever considered is maybe allowing myself an audible or two out of an obvious busted pre-snap situation if my QB's awareness is above a certain level, like seniors only and with an awareness above 90 or something, but I've never went with it, simply because audibling can be kinda broken for the HUM, as in generally whenever you audible, the CPU will immediately go from their zones into a press-man situation, and if your WRs are worth anything at all, they generally go into that side-swipe burn animation, and you can pick the CPU apart all day.
Old 01-26-2018, 02:12 PM   #40
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
I've heard this here and there, but have never committed to it, mainly because my whole thing is if the CPU does it, there's no reason why I shouldn't. I just set my coaching progression to SLOWEST, which in my experience nets you only 2 to 4 points total over the course of an entire season (and that same progression system also applies to other CPU coaches, not just you.)

However that's the thing, I DON'T do what the CPU can't. Such as call excessive audibles or hot routes and in-game things like that. Once I've picked my play, I have to stick to it, even if pre-snap it looks boned. Because really, you can see that all the time in football.

Only thing I've ever considered is maybe allowing myself an audible or two out of an obvious busted pre-snap situation if my QB's awareness is above a certain level, like seniors only and with an awareness above 90 or something, but I've never went with it, simply because audibling can be kinda broken for the HUM, as in generally whenever you audible, the CPU will immediately go from their zones into a press-man situation, and if your WRs are worth anything at all, they generally go into that side-swipe burn animation, and you can pick the CPU apart all day.
Like I said in the OP, the reason I now believe that the USER shouldn't use coaching perks is because your knowledge and skills already elevate the performance of your players, especially at QB, RB, K, P, and whatever defensive positions you choose to control. In essence, you turn a B- quarterback into an A- quarterback. The CPU doesn't have this luxury. A B- will always be a B- and perform within that range. IMO, removing coaching perks for the USER balances out this problem.

Honestly, that's where I am with this game, overall. I believe that true sim football can't be achieved within this game. You can get close at times, but that's it. So, now that I've faced the fact that absolute realistic football can't be achieved, I focus on creating a completely fair game between the USER and CPU, and just make sure that it closely resembles real football as much as possible without jeopardizing fairness. I'll take 100% equality between the USER and CPU, and be okay with 70% realism. Other guys seem to want 85% realism coupled with 50% equality. Obviously those are just wild estimates; I haven't taken surveys or anything lol. To each his own, of course. Whatever brings you the most entertainment, as that should be the overall goal.

Last edited by Tuscaloosa; 01-26-2018 at 05:17 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »