Home

The Game Outside of the Game - Issues and How to Fix Them

This is a discussion on The Game Outside of the Game - Issues and How to Fix Them within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2018, 06:43 PM   #49
MVP

young22's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Game Outside of the Game - Issues and How to Fix Them

47-44 OT win against struggling USF. I honestly thought I was gonna lose, went down 34-20 in the 3rd, couldn't get anything going, then BAM, fumble gives us a short field for a score. Couple stops traded, We throw a pick, very next play my SS jumps a screen for a clutch pick 6 and we're back in it. They scored another TD, and then the whole 4th quarter we just traded stops until I got a TD with 12 seconds to go. Hold them to a FG in OT, get a TD, and that's game. Comeback felt organic, not like the BS that happens every game with fatigue on where you can come back at will. This has breathed so much life into the game. I feel like I can finally just play and not have to handicap myself. CPU is legit good.
Old 02-02-2018, 07:51 PM   #50
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by young22
47-44 OT win against struggling USF. I honestly thought I was gonna lose, went down 34-20 in the 3rd, couldn't get anything going, then BAM, fumble gives us a short field for a score. Couple stops traded, We throw a pick, very next play my SS jumps a screen for a clutch pick 6 and we're back in it. They scored another TD, and then the whole 4th quarter we just traded stops until I got a TD with 12 seconds to go. Hold them to a FG in OT, get a TD, and that's game. Comeback felt organic, not like the BS that happens every game with fatigue on where you can come back at will. This has breathed so much life into the game. I feel like I can finally just play and not have to handicap myself. CPU is legit good.
Did you remove Skill Trees as well, or are your results occurring with just Fatigue Off? What sliders are you using? Are they still what it says in your dynasty OP? Either way, I love to see that we are all experiencing great results with different sliders. I feel like I owe jbrew money. On second thought, EA owes jbrew money...

Last edited by Tuscaloosa; 02-02-2018 at 09:50 PM.
Old 02-02-2018, 08:50 PM   #51
Rookie

migraine247's Arena

EA should be thankful for everyone keeping this game alive. How many console games this old have such a loyal community?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2018, 10:33 PM   #52
MVP

young22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
Did you remove Skill Trees as well, or are your results occurring with just Fatigue Off? What sliders are you using? Are they still what it says in your dynasty OP? Either way, I love to see that we are all experiencing great results with different sliders. I feel like I owe jbrew money. On second thought, EA owes jbrew money...
I've never used my coaching skill tree in all the time I've played the game, only recruiting. CPU's still active, no idea how to disable that. Just switched fatigue off.

My current slider set: User/CPU

QBA: 5/5
PBK: 0/40
WRC:0/40
RBA: 20/85
RBK: 10/30
PCV: 25/25
INT: 35/40
RD: 75/90
TAK: 35/35
FGP: 70/75
FGA: 0/45
PP: 55/55
PA: 50/65
KOP: broken

Offsides: 99
FS: 80
Holds: 80
FM: 55
OPI: 100
DPI: 100
KRI: 60
Clip: 59
Int. Grounding: 99
RTP: 54
RTK: 54

Heisman difficulty

I'm still tweaking these. They're quite a bit easier than JKits default, but fatigue off is really, really tough. Absolutely no let up, and I have yet to play a truly elite team. I have a game against LSU coming up later in the season, I expect to lose by 50 now. Wait til I post the next few results in my dynasty thread, you'll see that it's no joke. CPU plays to their gameplan, no easy 2nd half comebacks, hard hits all game, smarter CPU playcalling (maybe placebo, but I've honestly felt outsmarted by the CPU a few times, especially on 3rd down).

JBrew's discovery is the best thing to happen to the game. Feels alive now. Thank you for getting all this info into one thread.
Old 02-02-2018, 11:48 PM   #53
Pro

Quote:

I'm still tweaking these. They're quite a bit easier than JKits default, but fatigue off is really, really tough. Absolutely no let up, and I have yet to play a truly elite team. I have a game against LSU coming up later in the season, I expect to lose by 50 now. Wait til I post the next few results in my dynasty thread, you'll see that it's no joke. CPU plays to their gameplan, no easy 2nd half comebacks, hard hits all game, smarter CPU playcalling (maybe placebo, but I've honestly felt outsmarted by the CPU a few times, especially on 3rd down).

JBrew's discovery is the best thing to happen to the game. Feels alive now. Thank you for getting all this info into one thread.
No problem, man. That was the idea of this thread. It took a very long time for me to find a very specific combination of settings to get the best out of this game; I just wanted to compile it and hopefully give others a shortcut if they were facing the same issues.

I don't think it's a placebo. I feel like I've noticed improvements everywhere, including coaching. Obviously no way to prove it, but my first instinct is that now the CPU's star players are actually star players and the coaches almost seem to have more trust in going to them in appropriate situations. IMO, there is absolute proof that this improves the CPU run game and CPU coaches trusting the run and sticking with it all game. It's in the play and the statistics.
Old 02-03-2018, 05:44 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
I've never used my coaching skill tree in all the time I've played the game, only recruiting. CPU's still active, no idea how to disable that. Just switched fatigue off.

My current slider set: User/CPU
What's the threshold/speed on these? I'll try them out for a few games.

Here's the set I've been going with for a while, a slightly modified Matt10's.

heisman
normal speed, 20 thresh
-pen
99 80 80 55 99 50 1 50 99 1 10
-hum/cpu
10 30 35 40 5 25 35 10 25--70 35 50 100 50
10 35 35 40 35 30 30 50 40--70 35 50 100 50
Old 02-03-2018, 06:29 PM   #55
MVP

young22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
What's the threshold/speed on these? I'll try them out for a few games.

Here's the set I've been going with for a while, a slightly modified Matt10's.

heisman
normal speed, 20 thresh
-pen
99 80 80 55 99 50 1 50 99 1 10
-hum/cpu
10 30 35 40 5 25 35 10 25--70 35 50 100 50
10 35 35 40 35 30 30 50 40--70 35 50 100 50
Normal speed, 47 threshold. I think user RBA and RD are going up though, I'm gonna try it next game I play.

Check out my dynasty!

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...d.php?t=921027
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2018, 09:44 PM   #56
MVP

mattlanta's Arena

OVR: 21

How do I wipe out coaching skill trees?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »