Home

Fixing broken formation subs?

This is a discussion on Fixing broken formation subs? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2018, 11:47 AM   #1
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36
Fixing broken formation subs?

If you don’t reset formation subs at the end of the season, it glitches and you’re capped with a certain amount each year. Does anybody know any way to fix this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2018, 11:55 AM   #2
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Fixing broken formation subs?

I've heard to clear them but it doesn't work for me. If anyone posts a solution I hope you will be descriptive lol. Because I have tried a few things now.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Old 01-21-2018, 03:41 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

I haven't experimented with formation subs in a while. Have you tried temporarily switching your playbook to one that doesn't include the affected formations? My first instinct would be to switch playbooks, hit reset formation subs under new playbook a couple of times, and then switch back. I have no idea if this will work, just wondering if you guys have tried it.
Old 01-22-2018, 04:47 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Only players who were seniors (or delcare to draft or transfer to another school) automatically are removed from formation subs. Players who remain in your school, stay put in formation subs.

Therefore you might only get limited amount of subs. I always reset all formation subs before new season, after redshirting players and setting depth chart.
Old 01-22-2018, 05:04 PM   #5
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
I haven't experimented with formation subs in a while. Have you tried temporarily switching your playbook to one that doesn't include the affected formations? My first instinct would be to switch playbooks, hit reset formation subs under new playbook a couple of times, and then switch back. I have no idea if this will work, just wondering if you guys have tried it.
Going to try your suggestions today. only set significant subs for like my first two years, and it's been stuck at 48 out of 50 ever since. No additional slots open up, I clear it time and time again. I'm going to try what you mentioned there, sometime tonight and I'll report back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2018, 01:20 AM   #6
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
Didn't work unfortunately

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Old 01-23-2018, 10:00 AM   #7

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Had the same problem in NCAA '11 where my subs were capped. No idea how, but when I got to year 11 of my dynasty, the problem suddenly vanished.

I would say that I usually stop doing them with 2 or 3 "emergency spots" left each season, so maybe that has something to do with it?

Or, maybe it could be playbook related. I used the Syracuse playbook for the first 9 or so years of the dynasty. I changed playbooks at the start of year 11.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »