Home

CPU Offensive Trends? Hot, Then Cold?

This is a discussion on CPU Offensive Trends? Hot, Then Cold? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2018, 11:54 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
CPU Offensive Trends? Hot, Then Cold?

I am playing NCAA 14 and play it on Varsity for now. It is a challenge enough for now. Anyways, when my UConn dynasty team plays lower opponents that are rated bottom of the barrel on defense, offense, passing, rushing, etc. they give me fit the first drive or two, then turn cold. Example, my UConn team was ranked 20th and played a 3-7 Buffalo team. They get the ball first, go down the field like bandits and get a FG. Then, they get the ball after we score and roll down the field and score a TD. Ten points in the first quarter. Then, we shut them out the rest of the game. How does the QB go 10 for 10 on the first two drives to nothing near that the rest of the game?

Anyone else ever experience this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2018, 03:38 PM   #2
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: CPU Offensive Trends? Hot, Then Cold?

Yeah, every year I watch it on TV were some team comes out jacked up and then settles in and things start going the way they are suppose too. Something like that happens all the time, someone is hot then cools off, someone is cold to start the game and then gets it going. I would hope after the first 2 drives and them scoring that you started to figure out what they were doing and made some proper adjustments to it. It even happens in the game.
Old 02-19-2018, 04:38 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

Yeah. In real life this happens too. They script a certain number of plays and then when those plays have been run and adjustments are made, depth and coaching begin to show.
Old 02-19-2018, 05:48 PM   #4

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Yeah I've seen it in the game many times. It actually is pretty true to real life. Great teams in real life don't come out and dominate at the start of the game quite as often as you'd think.

Sometimes the weaker opponent just comes out extremely motivated with a good game plan and gets lucky early. Then, as the game wears on, the better team just starts to flex their muscle, usually around the 2nd quarter or just after halftime after adjustments.

I think a similar set of circumstances can happen, but more so just out of sheer early luck by the CPU, which leads to some early momentum (both negative psychological momentum for the user as well as game-coded momentum for the team doing well).

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »