Home

Another heart breaking loss!!!!!

This is a discussion on Another heart breaking loss!!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2004, 02:41 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Another heart breaking loss!!!!!

As my old man says, the prevent defense is only good for preventing a victory for your squad.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:36 PM   #10
Rookie

Jeff8275's Arena

OVR: 2

I just lost this morning to Washington State, I'm Arizona, on a last second TD pass 21-20. It was actually a great game and I think really I could contribute the loss to me playing prevent D on their last drive. I did the same thing in dropping all my guys back, although the Comp was in a 5WR set so I guess it's definately likely. I am noticing a trend with the prevent D though. It seems that the Safeties just don't drop back far enough which allows the WRs just enough room to slip by and make the catch. Problem is with my terrible CBs I'm forced to play a lot of Zone coverages and that makes me take the safety and drop back to try and cover the zone. Of course having a better D line would help as well. Funny that all of my greatest games are games in which I lost in the last seconds by 3 points or less. Anyone esle have this?
Old 08-19-2004, 11:39 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yeah but in the max zone you only have two deep in the zone so you are only going to have one guy deep on that side of the field the receiver is running a fly on. I wouldnt mind taking one on one coverage with only 2 guys rushing my qb trying to put up a miracle play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2004, 04:06 PM   #12
MVP

dodgerblue's Arena

OVR: 19

It happened to me too. Last second play of over 75 yards. I was in a max zone def and controlled one of the two rushing dlinemen. Safety stopped and let the reciever run past him!!! The unbelievable thing was the scoring team missed the extra point and I won!!! I was ahead 14-13 because of that, then recovered the onside kick with three seconds left. The next play I tried a hail mary and connected for a TD and won 21-13. I went from being totally p.o.ed to relieved.
Old 08-21-2004, 05:34 PM   #13
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by italian_BBAL
What kind of formation they were use??? If they put 5WR is better not to use a prevent becouse if your D-Line is not that good, CPU Qb has time and he can throw a high % pass. Use a nickel robber and use the "spy" LB has blitzer.

Sometimes i like to use man-2-man with a blitzing LB and putting coverage "loose". I think that the key is reducing the CPU time for throw a good pass in that situation.

Hope it helps
there is no such thing as a high % hail mary pass in the from the 20 yard line. that type of pass will be completed for a touchdown once in a decade in all of college football.
Old 08-21-2004, 10:28 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

It's not robo-qb, it happens in real life. Remember the Kordell Stewart toss to beat Michigan? Or the Doug Flutie pass? They're rare but it happens. Now if you're seeing that type of thing 4 or 5 times a season then yeah, seems strange.
Old 08-23-2004, 12:41 PM   #15
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
It's not robo-qb, it happens in real life. Remember the Kordell Stewart toss to beat Michigan? Or the Doug Flutie pass? They're rare but it happens. Now if you're seeing that type of thing 4 or 5 times a season then yeah, seems strange.
I am seeing it more than once a year.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2004, 12:59 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 4

I just lost a game where NIU was able to throw a long bomb that bounced off two of my DB's hands and into the hands of the WR. I hope they change the way the ball seems to turn into a volleyball sometimes. Can't these DB's just knock the ball DOWN...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »