Home

The Completion % Conundrum...

This is a discussion on The Completion % Conundrum... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2004, 09:44 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: The Completion % Conundrum...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo136
And some people have the PS2 version.

One thing that has happened to me that is very odd is that since I bought Madden and played it soo much, when I go back to NCAA I complete passes like crazy now.

Seriously it's weird as to how I was passing in the 40's for so many games, then after Madden I'm close to 60% practically every game. I think I just read the defense better or something. I have no explanation for it, but I'm very happy with it that's for sure.

Old 08-20-2004, 10:15 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Me too. I managed to get 450 yards through the air on a very good secondary last night ... with 7 minute quarters on AA. That and I still managed 150 yards on the ground. The trick is just passing smart and abusing the favorable matchups.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:15 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3
Talking Re: The Completion % Conundrum...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
One thing that has happened to me that is very odd is that since I bought Madden and played it soo much, when I go back to NCAA I complete passes like crazy now.

Seriously it's weird as to how I was passing in the 40's for so many games, then after Madden I'm close to 60% practically every game. I think I just read the defense better or something. I have no explanation for it, but I'm very happy with it that's for sure.
Maybe that's a feature in the EA Sports Bio. Install more EA sports games and your completion rate increases.

Sorry, I couldn't resist!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2004, 10:32 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 7

I never found much problem with passing, even in this year's version.

For my passing game, I tend to throw short, high completion passes, occasionally going to the long ball if I can exploit a mismatch. Same strategy I've used in previous versions, pretty much. It's not unusual for me to go above 70% for a game.

The CPU completion percentage, on the other hand, has always been poor. I tend to think the CPU just tries to throw to one or two receivers, and tends to go for the long ball a lot more than I do. That's the way it's always been in these games, in my opinion. If the CPU AI wouldn't rely on two receivers and wouldn't go to the well once too often, I'd feel the CPU pass percentage would improve considerably. In fact, that's where most of the CPU completions come from :P. It's not unusual for the CPU to be held to under 40%, unless it does a short passing game, which does, in fact, do reasonably well in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »